Home

Friday 31 August 2018

August 2018 Photo Hunt

Here we go again!  I have to admit I liked the twist on this month's word list but I had to really stir up my brain cell to think of what photos I had to take or what I might already have.  Anyway I did it so here goes!  I decided to use both homophones too, so double the photos for you to look at......

Before I actually start here's a round of applause for Hawthorn for keeping us on our toes!  Long may it continue.

1   Tea/tee

What can I say other than I throw the used wipe into the bin and not down the toilet!

Beloved's T square......



2   Thyme/time

I don't have a thyme plant in the garden as I don't like thyme.  Nor do I have the dried stuff.
A friend uses it and took a photo for me and sent it to me; look how artistic she was.
Saved me the time driving to her home and taking a photo!

This is the church tower in Kildwick.  I went there recently to see
the cascade of poppies down the church tower.  They were gone!
But what a lovely clock showing the time.
Click here to see what I missed.
Apparently they will be on display at Yarndale so I plan to see them there.



3   Aisle/isle

A few weeks ago I was in a beautiful church in Haworth but did not think to take any photos...
But, brain in gear, I was in The Range recently and was granted permission to take a photo
of an aisle; I chose the 'paint' art one as I love the colours, the tubes, the coloured pencils
BUT I can't paint!  I can't even trace an outline but I can drool over all the lovely stuff.

Our friend's RIB; we had gone from Oban to Tobermory on the Isle of Mull.
Not a good photo as it was taken on a film camera ages before I had a digital camera.



4   Fairy/ferry

Seen at a local garden centre I visited recently.  Not to my taste....

Once more we are in a RIB sailing near Oban when the Caledonian MacBrayne ferry
passed nearby.  Once we were sailing into Oban Harbour and the ferry was coming out.
It had to stop/slow down for us as otherwise its wake would have swamped us!!!!



5   Flour/flower

Tried to make my own flour but it did not work so 
I bought a bag.......

That's me....  bonkers as usual.....
I made these crochet pansy flowers back in 2012; I used florist's wire for the stems
and covered them in single crochet stitches.  These plus a few more live
in a vase.  Recently I went to a funeral of my ex-colleague's husband
and there was a request to wear bring clothes.  So I wore pink jeggings,
a bright blouse and these bunch of flowers in my hair.
I am retired so you can guess how old I am!
Next time I wear the flowers I must try to get them more central!
Beloved could have mentioned this as he took the photo....

I also wore them to meet up with some other ex-colleagues and it made
them smile!!!  I also got some funny looks but I don't care!



6  Own choice

Can you guess what my own choice will be this time???  Yes the ducklings.

They have been visiting for about 7 weeks now; what a treat for us.
Yes it is my feet and hands in the photos.

I took so many photos that it was very hard to select just 2 to complement
the photos showing theiir first and possibly last visit.

I have to admit that I might be obsessed with the ducklings...  they now seem to visit most days
on their own without Mrs D.  If you click here you can see them having their breakfast!

I wonder if any will return next year with ducklings of their own?

Well, that's my offerings for this month.  Thanks for taking the time to look and read my ramblings.

Click here to to to Hawthorn's photo hunt for this month to see who else has taken part.  Such fun to see all the many interpretations of the words.

PS I'm off to a quilt show at Harrowgate's Great Yorkshire Showground so I'll not be looking at any of your lovely photos and comments until I get home!  What a treat I'll have then.  Bye!





16 comments:

  1. Another clever double entry hunter! You best feel smug with yourself! Hope you had a lovely day at the quilting show and ooh I have to admit to drooling at the paint aisle the The Range!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quilt show was great. I took that picture at The Range with you in mind; please get a cloth and wipe up your drool!!!

      Delete
  2. Wow, what else can I say. Love that you are brave enough to wear the flowers in your hair and as for those ducklings, they are so cute. Another double up on the words, so well done you. I remember going to that quilt show back in 2014 & enjoyed it greatly, though did mislay my purse & was called up over the PA system. When I got to the office area and spoke to them, they decided it was definitely mine with "that Australian accent".(lol). Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At my age I've given up 'being proper' and go for it! My friend recently said I was bonkers! What a great compliment. I did not lose anything at the show today! Spent plenty but that's another story.

      Delete
  3. Great photos and interpretations. The crochet flowers are lovely and the ducklings are so cute:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like my flowers and ducks will be popular this month! Thanks for your comments.

      Delete
  4. What a delight are the duckling family. They certainly love you!
    Nice to see a Calidonian McBray ferry on your photos. After a recent Scotland trip, I have a soft spot for them now. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we used to go to Oban regularly years ago, we used to see lots of these ferries; happy memories! The 5 deliquents (as I now call the 5 ducklings) still visit but gosh do they expect a lot of wheat!

      Delete
  5. Love your ducklings, they are growing so rapidly they will eat you our of house and home! I think that although the poppies are really a subject this month, I think they are gorgeous and can appreciate the amount of work gone in to making them. So as I can't really choose them as my favourite I will say the 'bonkers' flowers in your hair. xx
    PS I now have "If you are going to San Francisco wear some flowers in your hair" on my brain. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, I knew that was a song to do with flowers in your hair! The delinquents (aka 5 ducklings) insisted on having 3 big cups of wheat..... at this rate I might have to go on Facebook and do a fundraising page!

      Delete
  6. Great choice he aisle pic at The Range, I never thought of that....just shows how limited my brain cells are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too felt I had made limited use of my brain cell (sometimes I only have one that works!) when I saw others had used a photo of afternoon tea.... never mind, it is all good fun.

      Delete
  7. Great photos, I love those crocheted Pansies

    Julie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to wear my pansies in my hair when I meet up with some ex-work colleagues for lunch next week; can't wait to see their faces....

      Delete
  8. Well done on the doubling up this month, I only managed one photo for each word! I like the flowers in your hair (love the hair clip too!). How lovely to see the ducklings growing up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apologies for th late publication of your comment. Sometimes life gets in the way! I decided to go for the double words just to keep my brain cell active! Glad you liked my hair flowers. I bought the hair clip from Boulsworth Fine Metals (on Etsy). See you next month.

      Delete