Home

Friday 29 November 2019

November 2019 Photo Hunt

Time this month has raced by and for once I don't mind.  November was dull, wet, dull, wet etc etc.  On a positive note we are nearly at the winter solstice so spring will soon be on its way!

Once more thanks to Hawthorn for another challenge.  Can't wait to see what everyone else has done but here's my efforts!

1   Seasonal View

I'd rather it was spring/summer all year round but there are benefits with the changing seasons.  I am so pleased at my seasonal view that I just had to include 4 photos!

A fieldfare, a seasonal visitor to the UK and I am viewing them from my window!
Yes, I am proud to have fieldfare visitors in my garden.  For years I've glimpsed
them in fields, too far to take a photo but this year I've been vigilant
so much so that I've been stalking them from various windows in our house.

They fly off at a moment's notice.

Eating hawthorn berries so once the berries are gone, they will be off.

I've had more than one visitor.  One day I had a flock of them.  So thrilled to see them
that I might even look forward to next year's November month.


2   Oops

A screw in Beloved's tyre....  picked it up when we were over at Keighley doing more clearing;
he had to get a new tyre.


3  Seashore

My sister lives in Port Carlisle; this is the view after about 3 minutes' walk from her house.
Scotland is on the horizon.


4   Card

Made by Jackie CARDy.   It is a broach bought for me by a dear friend years ago.
I do wear it now and then but have no wish to wear it out!

If you are on Facebook you can find her here.
Or visit her website here.


5  Stripe/d

A simple striped quilt I made for Project Linus.
Sadly the jelly roll was not cut accurately to 2½" wide and I only noticed
this when making this quilt as some of the horizontal lines do
not line up....  grrrr.


6   Own Choice

Finally I finished my Seaside Stash Busting Blanket CAL!  I even tried a fancy, wavy border.
Really pleased with it.  I used the pattern from the Coastal Crochet blog.
Click here to see the instructions (spread over 36 weeks)
under the heading Seaside Stash Busting Blanket CAL.

Well it looks like we'll be re-convening in January 2020.  Thanks to Hawthorn for organising this photo hunt.  I love to see how you all interpreted her words.  Click here to see her  pictures.

Enjoy your Christmas holidays.



14 comments:

  1. The finished SSB cal looks AMAZING with it's wavy border - well done you :D I am most envious of your field fairs, but I'll see your field fairs and raise you a single lonely thrush bobbing around the garden (chortle - my turn next year!) thank you for joining in and see you in January!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like my fieldfares; they've not been here for a day or two but then neither have I much! I'll check on them tomorrow. Here's to January!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful quilt - I know the irritation of a jelly roll not being accurate, you have my sympathy. Is it an accident that your lovely SSBB is the same colour palette? They look fabulous together.

    (PS: envious of your fieldfares, never see them up here, they were regulars when we lived in Hampshire)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is an accident that my SSBB and quilt are similar colours. I was at a show today and bought some jelly rolls, having first check with my tape measure that they were 2½" wide. Try to find some hawthorn trees with berries and you might find fieldfares!

      Delete
  3. I'm so envious of your fieldfares. So gorgeous close up, I've only ever seen them in flocks flying. Port Carlisle is somehow I must visit, it's actually not that far from our caravan in Melmerby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still so happy to have seen fieldfares so close. Port Carlisle is nice but there is nothing there, apart from a pub!

      Delete
  4. I love the seashore view but my favourite(s) are the fieldfares. Lovely photos which would make really nice postcards :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tigermouse; my friend says I'm too critical of my photos so I'm pleased by your comment. There are still lots of hawthorn berries on the trees in my garden so I hope the fieldfares will be back.

      Delete
  5. Your fieldfares are gorgeous, but I've never seen one, probably as I live down under (giggle).
    Your crafted loveliness is all gorgeous and I'd love to live that close to water. Thanks for sharing and take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whilst you might not have fieldfares you do have lots of birds I'd never see in the UK! I plan to spend some time today quilting. I was at a Knitting and Stitching show in Harrogate yesterday and did come back with 8 fat quarters and 2 jelly rolls; this is me trying to reduce my stash....

      Delete
  6. I love your photos of the Fieldfares they are beautiful birds aren't they. We don't get them in the garden but have seen flocks of them when out walking in the fields around the village. I love your crocheted blanket, I can't crochet but would love to learn just so I can make blankets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can recommend you learn to crochet. Perhaps there is a class near you? Perhaps there is a Knit 'N Knatter group who will help you out. Then of course there is YouTube! It looks like the fieldfares are the favourite photo this month!

      Delete
  7. Your fairfield bird photos are fantastic! The broach is lovely and your quilt and blanket look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like my photos! I am still very pleased about the visiting fieldfares.

      Delete