Home

Friday 28 February 2020

February 2020 Photo Hunt

This year is whizzing by.  February has been awful weather wise, 2/3 storms (and another one this weekend) and in between rain and wind and rain and yet more rain.  Whilst we've not been flooded, our hearts go out to those who have been flooded.  Hebden Bridge was under water again.  I found a report online that stated over the last 200 years it has been flooded 50 times, that's roughly once every 4 years....

Anyway here are my happy photos!

1   Heart/s

Looking through my archives I seem to have a lot of 'hearts'.  I chose this one because
February has been so wet!


2   Repair

Match 2019 I took my first ever quilt apart to repair it; what a job that was.
Never again!  Luckily I'd only tied the layers together.

Not so long ago I noticed another panel had failed but at the seam.  There was no way
I would replace the whole panel so I managed to find a similar navy blue fabric
and did a rough repair!  I ought to begin to accept that this quilt is too old to be used.
I think I made it in about 1994.


3   Tail

I could not find the photo I wanted to share with you... so used my initiative!
Top - crochet tails to be sewn in, they reminded me of Portuguese Men of War
Middle - Mr Pheasant leaving after his breakfast (wheat)
Bottom - Sparrowhawk visiting


4   Key

On a recent visit to my craft friend I espied a bunch
of old keys; perfect!


5   Knot

Sometime in the early 1980s I used to make macrame objects.
Here is a big wall hanging I made.  There were a lot
of knots in it!  I no longer have it as I sold it on eBay when we moved.


6   Own Choice

I saw this on Pinterest in December 2019 and saved the image.

Here is my version, a Project Linus quilt.  I just need to layer it up, quilt it and add the binding.

OK everyone, that's my lot for this month.  Let's pop over to Hawthorn (click here) and see how you have interpreted this month's word list.

Bye!








6 comments:

  1. Looking at your first quilt and then your latest you can see how far you have developed your craft. They are amazing now. I see we both chose macrame knots - same era too. I love the rain drops on the leaf in your first picture. Think it is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought to compare and contrast my first quilt with one of my latest ones and realise how far my skills have come. Thanks for pointing this out to me. I still like rain drops on hosta leaves; plenty of rain now but no leaves!

      Delete
  2. I love your montage of tails - excellent :D It has been very wet this month, we were talking about it yesterday Himself and I, we also think it has been one of the windiest February too (this was discussed as we were walking at a gravity defying angle in to the wind ... ) thank you for joining in x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always fun to join in; it was hard to select a photo for tail, hence the montage. I could have added many more....

      Delete
  3. Great heart, it's huge! That's a well loved quilt, I'm glad you were able to repair it. Your new quilt looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for liking my quilt. I do like bright colours which are not to everyone's taste.

      Delete