Home

Friday 26 March 2021

26 March 2021 Photo Hunt - Light/Dark

Well, amazingly just as I posted last week's photo hunt post I knew what I'd post today.  Problem was it was not finished!  So I've been sewing a lot of late and I now have a reasonable photo to share with you.

I saw this idea on Pinterest and wanted to make it.  It's just laid on top of some
black fabric.  I will add a black border around it.  It's a Project Linus quilt
and it was fun to make.  Hopefully you can see both the light/dark stripes.

I had this fabric lurking in my stash and decided I could cut
out the cartoon characters as they were just about 2" square.

This is truly dark!  Taken inside our agricultural shed at our
fields on 26 March 2006; note the date!  15 years
ago to the day.....

Now can you see what caught our eye in this light photo?
A Tawny Owl sitting on top of the metal roof frame.
It soon flew out through the open door; we were glad
it went as we did not want to shut it in.

Well, that's all for now.  Many thanks to Hawthorn for organising the Photo Hunt for the best part of 5 years; hard to believe this.  Don't forget to click here to see what other delights await you on her post.

Bye!

14 comments:

  1. I love the quilt, the layout is very striking, and I like how you have both light and dark in the stripes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Just an idea I saw on Pinterest so I can't claim the credit for the design!

      Delete
  2. YES! I can see the stripes in your quilt - once again your work is beautiful and I do love the central squares with your fussy cut creatures 🤍 and I am impressed with your Tawny Owl - the original dark photo - I would not have guessed, but the second lighter one - the owl shows up well! xx thank you for joining in over the years xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you can see the stripes! Before I sewed it all together I did spot one block out of place, phew. The dark owl was another lucky point-and-shoot shot. Clever software for showing the underlying detail. It's been fun joining in and I can't believe it's been 5 years.... x

      Delete
  3. Your patchwork is just beautiful - I love the contrast of the cartoons against the stripes. And as always I'm so jealous of your owl pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'll try to keep the owl pictures coming. I've not quite finished this quilt but am planning my next one!

      Delete
  4. Love the quilt

    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks; so much fun to make and trying to get all my seams to meet... well nearly all of them!

      Delete
  5. Now of course I like the quilt, but oh, the owl must have been so cute. I love birds of prey & my most memorable moment was in The White Rose Shopping Centre in Leeds and being able to hold a large owl. I think he was a long-eared European Owl? Thanks for sharing & hope you'll be doing this still with Astrid. Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That European Owl will be huge, compared to the Tawny and Barn owls we see round here. Thought you would like the quilt! I do intend to join Astrid. Take care.

      Delete
  6. Love the quilt ... but was a treat the owl must have been 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are never tired of seeing or hearing owls. Just recently some were calling at night and I could hear them above the sound of the TV.

      Delete
  7. Wow, I love the quilt, it's beautiful. I like the stripes with the splash of cute critters!
    That's great that you were able to take the photo of the owl before he left.

    ReplyDelete