Home

Friday 14 May 2021

14 May 2021 Photo Hunt - Mirror

Great news!  It's Friday again.  So once again I'm joining in with Astrid.  It took me a little while to decide how to interpret this word, so here is what I came up with.

This is a free pattern from Donna Jordan called Mirror, Mirror.

I plan to make it but not sure if I will stick with B&W or
a more colourful one.  Click here to see her YouTube video
and if you want a copy of her free pattern, click here.
When I make it I will cut narrower strips as it will be
another Project Linus quilt.

Look at the drake's body mirrored in the water.

I made these 2 wall hangings back in December 2009.  
They are a rough mirror image.

The waterfall on the left is mirrored by the one on the right,
well almost!

Spotted this whilst out walking in June 2018, a place called
Teapot Dam where my Beloved used to visit as a child....

This cute, little mirror was given to me by my
quilting Guru; you can see the name of my
camera in the mirror, but backwards!
I'm holding it for scale.

All cute, on its own.

Finally I had to include these 2 Coot chicks, 
with their little bodies mirrored in the water.

Well, that's all folks.  Now I'm off to see your lovely photos.

Bye!



7 comments:

  1. Like the quilt at top, but your mirror reflections in the water are best. Must admit I thought of all sorts of things for this one too. Take care, stay safe & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I agree with you as I too prefer my mirror reflections. Amazing what one can find when looking through the archives!

      Delete
  2. I like your mirror image wall hangings ... they are fab. 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks; they were a last minute addition to this week's photos; strange as I walk past them several times a day.

      Delete
  3. I can't believe I did not comment on last weeks' blog. My excuse was I did have a busy weekend. Love all your pictures but think I like the Orange version of Mirror Mirror best. I don't know if its the angle the picture was taken but there is almost unnerving depth in those cubes, you can look down and down....... ducklings are cute too. I remember your cockerel wall hangings, they are lovely and yes, almost mirror images. Xx Now off to look at your entry for this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for finding the time to comment. I never have enough time. x

      Delete
  4. Sorry I'm so behind in commenting, thanks for joining in.
    Great photos! I like the quilts, did you decide on the b/w or coloured one? I think I like it in colours. Lovely mirrored reflections and what a cute little mirror.

    ReplyDelete