Home

Friday 1 May 2020

April 2020 Photo Hunt

I find it hard to believe it's that time again!  I hope you are all well and staying safe.  Here's my humble offerings.

1   Happiness is ......

Seeing bees on my flowers.   I never tire of seeing them.  This is a tree bumble bee


2  Makes me smile

Mrs Black found me in the greenhouse and came over to let me know she was there.
As I went towards the house she followed me.  I stopped near the house
and she approached and then tapped my boots.  I took the hint
and went inside to get her some wheat.


3   Relaxing with .....

This drake is Mr Brown; as he was relaxing Mrs Brown was having her wheat snack.


4   Busy with ......

My latest Project Linus quilt; it needs quilting which I'll do later.
It was a pattern I bought from Donna Jordan in Oregon
but her block was so big that I'd only get about 4 across
and possibly 2 rows.  So I set to and re-scaled it.
I was very pleased to find the ratio of the new block 
was the same as her block!
An interesting challenge too.


5   Positive about ....

Fingers crossed we'll soon have baby bunnies in the garden!


6   Own choice

Spotted the other day as we went for our daily walk in our field.
Ducklings are magical and they are such a feel good factor.

Personally I find I have a lot to be 'happy' about and I hope the rain is not going to be here for too long!

Take care and see you next month.  Thanks Hawthorn for organising this.

Bye!


13 comments:

  1. What a lovely cheerful set of photographs. Love them all. You are so lucky to be able to photograph so much wild life in your garden and field. That quilt is amazing. Well done. Take care and be safe. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jak. Several times a day I realise how lucky we are to have our garden and fields. Add to that we are both retired and do not need to worry if we'll have a job to go back to... so lucky. Fingers crossed we can stay safe. x

      Delete
  2. Lovely positive things going on in between these strange times, lots of duck and bunny action happening too! thank your for joining in x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like your choices, especially all the nature ones. Not many bunnies locally, but we do see ducks around our wetlands & creeks. That quilt is stunning. Take care, stay safe and huggles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. As if by magic I've just seen a baby bunny in the garden! Glad you like my quilt.

      Delete
  4. You chose some great words for us this month.
    Lots of lovely animal happenings at you replace, the bunnies are so cute and the ducklings do give and awwww moment. Who can resist a baby animal of any kind.
    Loved seeing your choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad my words and pictures were acceptable. I agree most baby animals are so cute. Here's to May's words!

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the prompts this month - you really made me think :) And i love the ducklings - we usually have some rabbits here in the garden but they've been missing this spring - not sure what's happened - foxes possibly, so it's lovely seeing your babies. And as always your quilting is fabulous. Have a good month. with luck the sun will continue to shine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I apologise for a late reply; thanks for leaving a comment. Yes the sun continues to shine and so far it has been a good month!

      Delete
  6. OMGoodness, I love all your feathered friends! How funny of them to train you to get them a treat!
    Our azaleas have seen plenty of bees, I love to see them too.
    Such a beautiful quilt, so many lovely colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment and apologies for a late reply. Glad you like my quilt; it was quite a challenge. As for the ducks training us, Mrs Brown was so anxious to get her treat yesterday that as I opened the door, the flew up at me and nearly knocked the cup of wheat out of my hand....

      Delete