Home

Friday 29 May 2020

May 2020 Photo Hunt

Another month has slipped by, thankfully mostly sunny weather apart from a few days with high winds.


1   Triangle

I had so many triangular choices but I managed to limit it to two!

Occasionally I do make Christmas cards....



2   Circle

Once again I had so many choices as we are surrounded by circles, eg, wheels etc etc.

I love stone.  This is part of an art installation at the Great Yorkshire Showground, Harrogate.

I was there at a quilt show and I found time to wander around outside, with no crowds
to get in the way!


3   Splat

My latest broach could be based upon a splat!  It is made by Jackie Cardy.
Click here to read more about her if you're on Facebook.


4   Square

Once again so many possible choices but here is my current favour square.
I saw this quilt on Facebook recently and just had to give it a go.  I'll make a smaller
version, suitable for a Project Linus quilt.  I need to cut 30 blue squares, each 5"
as well as 480 squares, each 2".

All the squares are here, ready for sewing together 'soon'.


5    Star

Hard to select one photo, again!

A recent purchase from a charity shop, before all the shops shut.


6   Own choice

Well, where to begin.  I thought I'd stay with the shape theme but there are so many shapes, everywhere.  I tired really hard to find one photo but in the end I chose 2....

Crochet hexagon motifs for my latest Janie Crow blanket.

Coiled up fern, slowly unfurling itself from its spiral shape.

Well, that's all for this month.  Can't wait to see what shapes you have all found.  Thanks Hawthorn!

Bye!








17 comments:

  1. I love it all but particularly the knitted brooch. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's always gratifying to know people like the photos I've chosen.

      Delete
  2. Love your takes the stone wall would have to be my favourite. Of course the quilt looks good & the star shapes remind me of some paper clips I have. Look forward to seeing more of your Janie Crow rug. I made her Sunshine & Shadows rug a few years ago from an Attic 24 pack. Thanks for sharing, take care, stay safe & huggles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did finish the Janie Crow blanket; it was fun to do, sometimes challenging but I had a good time. We are safe here and plan to stay that way. Take care.

      Delete
  3. Lovely choice again. The stone wall really is a work of art. My favourite has to be your quilt. It is gorgeous. Love it. Keep safe. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too think the stone wall is my favourite. I just love stone.

      Delete
  4. Nice one missus, love the stone wall however all you're shapes are brilliant xx thank you for joining in x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You set the words and I'll join in! Seems the stone wall is a hit!

      Delete
  5. I love the stone wall - wow , but my favourite is the fern - how beautiful. And of ccourse all your patchwork - wow, the patience of cutting out 2 inch squares - fabulous - this was a fun challenge this time x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found this month's words to be 'vast' in that I had so many ideas and I was not struggling to find a photo. Another vote for the stone wall. Cutting 2" squares was done gradually. There is no way I'd plan to cut them all in one day! Too boring, even for me.

      Delete
  6. Fabulous photographs that wall is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Looks like this month the wall is most people's choice!

      Delete
  7. The stone wall is stunning, the crochet hexi's are fabulous.
    Great choices

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. Glad you liked my photos. It's another vote for the wall!

      Delete
  8. Wow, that is an original wall, I love it! I like how you used so many of your crafts, your quilt is especially beautiful and the colours in your crochet pieces look like stained glass, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh gosh, so many great shapes! I'm surprised you had so many to choose from though as I really had to look hard to find any at all! Like you, I went with another shape for my own choice and it's also a nature based one - there are so many beautiful things to see in the big wide world, isn't there?
    I do love that stone wall ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the stone wall with it's circle! And your continuation of the shape theme, here in New Zealand we call the unfurling fern shape by it's Maori name - Koru.

    ReplyDelete