Home

Friday 11 June 2021

11 June 2021 Photo Hunt - Berry

Looks like it's Friday again!  Now berry was an easy word.

A few years ago I stumbled across a recipe for raspberry gin.... wow it is good.

The raspberries have been soaking for about 3 weeks
with gin and sugar and now it's time to filter off
the liquor.
 
Easy to filter.

Just look at this wonderful colour.
And the left over raspberries?
Eaten gradually with some yoghurt
after my lunch.

I have a few raspberries canes here and this is part of what
I harvested last year.  Into the freezer they went until
I had enough to make another batch of raspberry gin.

At our previous house I had a large raspberry patch and
would make jam, wonderful jam, all fruit and just
enough sugar so that it tastes tangy.

I picked this monster strawberry the other
year.  It weighed 37 g.  The strawberry is
not botanically a berry but I just had to
include it!  I eat the strawberries and do
not make jam.

What on earth?  A plastic milk carton, the top
cut off to make the opening larger and a 
string look through the handle and placed
around the wearer's neck.  Why??
To leave both hands free when blackberry
picking! We have blackberries at our
fields but we also gather them from
suitable places along various roads.

A whooper!

So that's all from me this week. Click here to return to Astrid's page and see who else has joined in.

Bye!


8 comments:

  1. Oooh raspberry gin ... very nice ... we have made blueberry and blackberry, but not tried raspberry. That’s a brilliant idea for blackberrying ... think I will be giving that a try 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to copy our blackberry harvesting method! I'd not use a container larger than 2 litres, as otherwise the weight of the berries will quash the ones beneath them. Have fun!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful berry pictures. But I am just wondering....do you eat the gin infused raspberries 'gradually' with yoghurt because you want to make them last for a couple of days, or you are eating them gradually because of the gin infusion and the possible consequences of the gin after lunch!!🤣😂 .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I eat the gin-infused (or vodka-infused blackberry) berries as a topping to my yogurt. I could easily eat a bowl full of berries but I want to make them last! Hope that answers the question! And no, I don't feel any 'after effects' post consumption! x

      Delete
  3. Oh wow, that gin sounds and looks delicious! The jam looks yummy too.
    I like your container holder idea, I'll have to remember that.
    Thanks for joining in and sharing your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no charge to use the berry picking container!

      Delete
  4. I'm on catchup due to the flood & wind damage through the state, so thanks for commenting on my hunt snaps. Love your photos & accompanying stories & your garden is very productive. Take care, stay safe & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry to read you now have floods and wind damage to contend with. Are you affecting by this lot? Thanks for taking the time to look at my photos and post a comment. I do appreciate it. x

      Delete