Home

Friday 18 June 2021

18 June 2021 Photo Hunt - Flag

I think it's Friday again!  Initially when I saw this word I thought of the bunting in my new greenhouse but I suspect you're bored with that so I had to do a lot of thinking and this is what I've come up with.

The flag base for the new greenhouse, 20' x 20'.

Greenhouse being erected (in the rain, snow and hail) on the 
flag base.  Ooops, I've mentioned the greenhouse again.

Outside the kitchen window I have a small garden shed and between this shed and the garden/greenhouse there was a muddy area.  It was originally planted up but I removed them soon after we moved here.  Once the greenhouse had been erected this muddy area was really muddy and I was getting a bit fed-up picking my way carefully across it, all the more so since I slipped on it in late September 2018 and broke my wrist....  I did not want to repeat this event.  So I came up with a plan, a temporary one until we decide what to do at the back of the house.  

When the greenhouse base was laid, the workmen had to take up some flags and these were stacked around the garden.  Added to that we also had brought some half flags here with a view to doing a job but we changed our minds.  So all these flags were available and in my way.  So I used them!  Be warned it is a rough and ready job!

My laid flags!  I had to dig off the soil/grass/weeds and then walk the flags into position.
Most needed leveling with stones/slate.  But at least I don't have to walk in the mud.
Yes, they are just laid on the bare ground.

Here are some more I laid in another muddy patch.

My Yellow Flag Iris.....

I'd better start thinking about next week's word as at the moment I do not have any ideas!  Meanwhile I'll keep popping back to Astrid's page to see your flag photos.

Bye!


8 comments:

  1. Well done for solving your soggy patch in the lawn. Good use of your surplus flags until you decide what to do about that bit of garden. I love your flag iris, my favourite picture this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Flag Iris picture popped into my head just as was about to finish this post! I like it too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always hate parting with used flags, as you can always find a use for them somewhere. Same can be said for bricks and we always have a pile hanging around and are surprised at how often we use them 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! I'm so glad we did not take these flags back to the fields as they have a new use. I can't imagine life without loose bricks and stones to hand!

      Delete
  4. Well done with your 2 "flag" inspirations. Love both. I'll do a double up post this Friday as I think our i'net problem is sorted. Take care, stay safe & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost gave up with this word! Looking forward to your double up post; my PC often loses its internet connection several times a day but that is to do with our house! Take care.

      Delete
  5. This is great, you have very useful flags! Espeically if you can avoid the mud and keeps you from falling. Your Yellow Flag Iris is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. When the 'rainy season' returns I'll then find out how effective my flags are!

      Delete