Home

Friday 25 June 2021

25 June 2021 Photo Hunt - Summer

Well, the word Summer has proved to be the hardest word I've had to sort out photos for!

Summer has no special meaning for me.  We don't go away other than a day out (which we do throughout the year anyway).  But I do appreciate the days getting longer, hopefully for fine weather so I can play outside.  June this year has been lovely, whereas May was very miserable.  If someone were to say here are tickets for a free holiday/cruise/whatever, I'd say no thanks!  I'd rather be at home doing my own thing.

I get a lot of joy from gardening so I thought I'd share some pictures with you.  I don't need to go far to be happy!

I believe this is Hosta June.

I love poppies.

Sweet peas from another year; this year's have
yet to flower but buds are appearing.

Poppy with a friendly bee; I do have lots of bees in my garden.

A hive bee?

Geranium palmatum in all its glory.  I love my
hardy Geraniums.

Let's not forget the butterflies what visit too.

We moved here in 2015 and every year a Mallard female duck has brought
her brood into the garden.  This was taken in 2018 when I had the pleasure
of seeing them grow up.  Yes, that's my foot, getting walked over with
wet feet but I loved it.  Sadly this year there have been no ducklings
visiting and I think it might be too late for them.  I have seen some
in the beck that flows under our bridge which was good to see.

Well, I'll not bore you with hundreds of pictures of the 2018 ducklings or my many plants.  I am happy to be at home!

So I'll return to Astrid's page and see how you interpret summer.

Bye!


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful poppies and how wonderful having ducklings in the garden. We were only just saying we had seen loads of bees but no butterflies yet this year and we saw our first one today, the bees are loving our deutzia at the moment … you don’t notice them till you look close then you can see it’s covered in them 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. My garden is always humming! I must go and look at my Deutzia which I think is about to flower.

      Delete
  2. Your flowers are gorgeous & oh those ducklings...........so sweet. I'm absent these last 2 hunts due to our i'net issues, but should be back next time, though maybe I'll pop something on this afternoon, but it will have to be from the archives as it is winter here and we've had very little sunshine for the whole of 2021 so far. Take care, stay safe & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, not more internet problems. It such a pain not to have internet access all the time! I hope you can find something in your archives. Take care.

      Delete
  3. I suspect your hive bee is a hoverfly - lovely photos and yes I agree - I'd rather spend my summer trundling around my garden on out on the hills - you can keep your cruise tickets :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew when I typed hive bee I was wrong so thanks for sorting me out, again. Another reason not to go on a cruise is you get a free dose of Norovirus which I don't think I'd enjoy! x

      Delete
  4. You have a lovely place to spend summer, your garden and flowers are beautiful! Lucky you to have ducklings visiting every year, I'd be very happy to have them so close.
    Although I do enjoy going on a cruise, I'm in no hurry to go on one for a while!

    ReplyDelete