Home

Friday 13 August 2021

13 August 2021 Photo Hunt - Begins with S

Well this was so hard.  I have so many things beginning with S that it was hard to include a sensible number....

So here goes!

Squirrel and Sparrowhawk in the garden.  Swallows on Beloved's
roof rack when parked up at the fields.

Collecting Seeds for a gardening friend!

Growing Shallots and drying allium Seed heads.

Building Stone walls in my previous garden; top (before the wall) and bottom (the finished job).

A tall Sunflower that needed 
supporting but how to reach it????

Open the bathroom window, use a Wolf Multitool handle with a hook on it to bring the
Sunflower Stem towards me; tie the Stem to the window opening catch.

Safely secured now!

Sunflower with lots of visitors.

Snowdrop!

Drove past these Steps with cascading water.

Drove past these Sheep sheltering under a trampoline.
I did hope I might see one using the trampoline but.....

I love steam trains.  I remember travelling on them as a child.
Top a train near Long Preston where the road is very close to the tracks.
Bottom at Oakworth Vintage Railway looking the The Flying Scotsman
that had just arrived from Haworth.



Walking along a footpath with lots of 'Ships', of varying 
sizes; so many seemed to be broken dreams.

We call the trees shown above the Slug, well it looks
like a huge slug on the hill opposite our fields.

One day we walked to it; a lovely walk but all uphill!

Snow and weak Sunshine at our fields.

Stunning Sunset.

Sunbathing bunny in our garden.

Sewing Strips of fabric to make a piano key border for a quilt.

Here is the border on the finished quilt.

Final picture!  Layering up my latest Project Linus quilt
with yellow Stars.

I could have gone on forever.  Apologies if you are bored......

Thanks again to Astrid for hosting the photo hunt. Click here to see who else has joined in.  I wonder how many will have include just one or two photos?

Bye!












10 comments:

  1. What a brill selection. I wasn’t sure where I was going to go with this week’s challenge but just got lucky with the sunflower field that we passed last week and couldn’t resist stopping to photograph … not sure what I will do next week … bucket πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Off to go and look at your post. I do love sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely lot of S pictures. I love the sunbathing bunny. He looks so relaxed. The sheep sheltering in the shade is a lovely photograph. Have you noticed that the sunflower has a face. A sort of quizzical expression. I love the way they follow the sun. As ever, your quilt is beautiful. I think I like your stone walls up the road way best, a record of all your hard work.🌼🌺🌻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. No I had not seen the face in the sunflower, thanks for pointing it out to me. The stone walls up the 'road' was a huge task but I was very pleased with the end result, all the more so because I did it all by myself, working out how to move some very big, heavy pieces of stones. x

      Delete
  4. Wow you were on a roll!
    The slug is two plantations apparently - I mentioned to a walking buddy that you call that 'row of trees' the slug and he said that it is very much bigger than you think and the path way goes between them - I know we walked up there (what feels like a hundred years ago when the boys were little) and I don't remember so we may not have got that far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the extra information on The Slug. We got alongside it but Beloved was not convinced there was a path actually by the trees even though we saw some people walking towards the road we'd just come up. We were tired so turned back; where the people joined the road there was no footpath sign. x

      Delete
  5. I was much the same with having so many ideas for "S". Love all your photos, but the ones that stood out were steam trains, which I also remember well from childhood, the beautiful relic of a boat, the sheep, steps and sunbathing hare, but lastly the fact you included some "scrappy" quilting. Well done & I know this is a late comment, but what with hospital visit last week, then ongoing NBN maintenance in our area, I'm all over the place with blog reading. Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to reply as you are so busy. So glad you liked my photos. I included a quilt one, just for you! Take care.

      Delete
  6. You have some great S words, so many I didn't even think of! I love how you saved the sunflower and I really like the water over the steps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did find it hard to stop! It's quite interesting to look over my archives and realise I can use a particular photo for some word!

      Delete