Home

Friday 6 August 2021

6 August 2021 Photo Hunt - Friends

Gosh it's almost Friday so I'd better get ready.

Whilst I've taken photos for many years I rarely take any with people's faces in them.  I dislike having my photo taken.  So I've no photos of my human friends so I've decided to use animal friends.  I could have shared many but I've been kind to you and only selected a few.  They were taken on a film camera before 2000 but I can't be sure exactly when.  

Mickey is on the left and Croc on the right.   He and Croc lived
in the local garage until it was re-developed so he found a 
new 'home' at the house next to the garage. That was when
Mickey 'adopted' us and was a regular visitor.  Late we 
found he found many other houses to visit and be fed!

If Mickey came in wet, he insisted on being dried....

Mickey spent a lot of him time on Beloved's legs.  So it was
always me that had to get up and make a brew or answer 
the phone as Mickey could not be disturbed....

At the time I did not have a digital camera!  Pity as I would
have taken many more photos.  He was so comfy laid like this.

You could stroke him for hours and he'd lay there and
enjoy the attention.

At one stage I had to make a special rug for him to lie on
when he wanted to lie on Beloved's legs.

One evening I was so tired that I dozed off on the sofa with
Mickey relaxing with me.  Someone took a photo.....

Such happy memories of a special tabby cat.  The occupants of one of the houses he visited were moving away and asked if they could take Mickey.  He was not our cat really.  We said yes as we knew he would be well cared for and paying for vet's bills would not be a problem.  Later we found out that when they went on holiday, someone come in to see to Mickey and had to feed him M&S prawns out of the freezer.....  one spoilt cat.  I still miss him but I have a lot of birds in the garden so a cat is not an option!

Click here to return to Astrid's page.  I'm interested to see how you have interpreted the word Friends.  Hope there are some cute, furry ones!

Bye!

7 comments:

  1. We have taken the same approach - animal friends. I do love your Marge Simpson hair. Mickey looked a lovely cat and must have given you hours of pleasure as first Sam, then Jak did for us. I agree a cat in your garden now with all your birds would only bring heartache every time the cat would bring you a present and dump a dead bird on your doorstep!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, cats can't help being hunters. I see why you say I have Marge Simpson hair, what a hoot! x

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous kitties … wish I’d thought of this for this week’s challenge as we have had some very special feline friends too … some we chose and some that chose us 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was hard to restrict the photo selection. Then we once had geese and hens but that's another story!

      Delete
  3. Ah, feline friends are good & I miss mine still, but as we were travelling a bit more some years ago, we thought it was hard to put them in care so we didn't get another cat after our tabby passed away. Thanks for sharing, take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit that after all these years (20+?) I still miss him.

      Delete
  4. Awe, he was a fabulous feline friend! Kitties are certainly wonderful friends, I feel blessed to have our two. Thanks for sharing those adorable photos.

    ReplyDelete