Home

Friday 20 August 2021

Photo Hunt 20 August 2021 - Dog

I've never had a pet dog so this was not an easy word for me.  I did not like to take random photos of other people's dogs so I had to use my initiative, again!

Out on a local walk and we met a neighbour and his dog.

She was most insistent that Beloved throw a stick for her!

A dog found in our fields; luckily its owner was nearby
looking for it and we were able to unite them.

Now this is where I used my 'thinking outside the box' brain; I thought the above photos were a bit sparse.

From one of the quilt shows I've visited over the years.

Erythonium pagoda Dog's Tooth Violet
from my previous garden.

A llama, often used as guard dogs.....

Cornus elegantissima variegata aka Dogwood (with
clematis friend!).

Self-explanatory!

Well, these are my offerings for this week. I did see another dog but I was not able to take a photo as we were driving.  A couple were cycling and were about to stop at a cafe; I noticed the man had a dog in a basket at the front of his bike.  Both Beloved and I thought it looked like a Labrador or Golden Retriever.  Not a small breed of dog.  Pity we did not see the dog get out!  Also years ago we saw a Dog fish but that was pre-digital and possibly pre-film cameras but I did see one!

Thanks again to Astrid for hosting.  Click here to see who else had joined in.

Bye!








8 comments:

  1. I am glad I was not alone in finding this one tricky. We too have those erythroniums … I didn’t realise they were also known as dogs tooth violets … we had them from my oldest friend’s mum’s garden after she died. It’s lovely having a little bit of her in my own garden 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a lovely flower. I have some of my mum's blue geranium in the garden here, as you say a nice reminder. On to next week's challenge, bucket! I'm ready...

      Delete
  2. Lovely pictures, such a handsome Border Collie. I knew you would be clever and go 'outside the box'. I love the quilt and the Dog's tooth and Dogwood were a brilliant idea. I recognise the sign for Dog Days, we can see people exercising their dogs in winter when the trees are bare. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, not having ever owned a dog I had no choice but to go outside the box. At least it keeps my brain cell active.... the Border Collie is called Lexi! x

      Delete
  3. You've been so clever with "outside the box" this week & something I definitely had't thought about & with being back in "hard" lockdown, the word photos are mainly coming from the archives. Loved the llama & just thought, I had a great photo of a dogwood in full flower, hmmm! Why didn;t I think of it. Thanks for sharing & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you approve of my thinking outside the box photos. I must admit I like to do this!
      Thanks for finding the time to comment as I know life is tricky for you at the moment.

      Delete
  4. Great photos even if you don't have a dog! And you certainly did think outside the box, I had no idea that Llamas could be used as a guard dog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy thinking outside the box! It's quite interesting to discover all sorts of information hidden in the depths of my memory!

      Delete