Home

Friday 12 November 2021

Photo Hunt 12 November 2021 - Apple

In the past I have made toffee apples but that was before I had a digital camera - I think my first digital camera was in early 2004!  I've also no pictures of  anyone bobbing for apples....  so I'm going to be plain and simple today!

There are 2 apple trees in the garden.  The blossom
is a lovely sight in spring.

This year the tree furthest away from the house did not
have a single apple on it.  To be honest the apples were
not very good so once it has lost its leaves, it will
go.  A friend has expressed an interest in digging it up
and taking it back to join his 'orchard'.....

This is the other apple tree, near the house.  There are
still a few apples on it as I write.  I did harvest some.

I've still a few apples left.  They are quite nice.  I've no idea
what variety they are but I will keep the tree.  At least
the insects like the blossom in spring and if I get any
apples, well that is a bonus.

The apples are not very big but they are a
useful addition to my lunch!

Apple and blackberry crumble, oh so yummy with a
generous amount of single cream....

I do have apple green yarn and fabrics....   the saying 'the apple of my eye' has been buzzing around my brain for a few days now but I can't find a suitable photo to go with it; I have too many....  but here is a topical one.

Lately a Nuthatch has been visiting the seed feeder on the
veranda next to where I sit and have my brew.
Such a joy to see and I feel very lucky to have such
a visitor.  So, for now, it is the apple of my eye.

Once again I can rest my brain for a few days before I take on next week's word challenge.  Thanks Astrid for keeping my brain fit.  Click here to return to her link-up page.

Bye!




10 comments:

  1. I do miss having an apple tree in the garden. Once we got rid of the braeburn, which was just too big for where we'd planted it, we did get some fruit trees that were supposed to be good for pots. We gave the apple and the pear three years before deciding they weren't happy ... we had two plums from the plum this year and a handful of cherries, so they have been given a reprieve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm off the opinion if something is too much work or does not pay for its keep, it has to go! We did remove 2 greengages the other year as they were spikey and there was no fruit to speak of. Also they were getting bigger and adding more shade.... I also had to Cornus variegated in the garden and one has now gone. I've planted a plum in its place and fingers crossed the plum will behave itself!

      Delete
  2. I'm kicking myself. You mention bobbing for apples and I remembered gymkhanas in my very distant youth, riding my horse Ranger in obstacle races and after clambering through various things we had to stop and bob for an apple and it was always difficult as Ranger wanted a drink!! Next obstacle was usually to find something {no hands allowed) hidden in a bowl of flour! Who thought up these things!! 🍎🍏x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like we are both kicking ourselves; you with bobbing apples and me with crab apple jelly! Ranger sounds like a character. What memories. x

      Delete
  3. I like your apple blossom photos and after living in many apple growing areas you'd think I'd have some too, but there it is.......before digital cameras, so now I know why I've not much from our younger days. The crumble looks lovely, but my favourite would have to be the wee birdie. Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan. I do wish I'd had digital camera from the 1980s but never mind. I use mine nearly every day.

      Delete
  4. The orchard at work produced a lovely lot of bright green 'ammo' for the local kids to throw at particular house........ yay (not)
    Little buggers grrrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another one I almost missed! Sweet blossoms on your apple tree, and at least you have one that gave you apples. Your crumble looks delicious, especially with blackberries. The apple of your eye photo is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Just made a blackberry and apple crumble yesterday; yum, yum.

      Delete