Home

Friday 8 October 2021

Photo Hunt 8 October 2021 - Candy

Oooh, candy, or sweets/confectionary in the UK.  I have to admit to having a sweet tooth!  So this should be an easy word for me!  It will be a short and sweet post.....

On my alternative Christmas tree (a yarn wrapped Ash
branch) I hang Christmas choccies!

I also hang a bag of Christmas choccy coins.

I stumbled across this the other day, just
right for today!
These sweets are now in a glass cut dish
and I limit myself to one a day.....

I bought these recently for a craft project which I'll
talk about another time!

I'm having a long overdue sort
out and came across this
fabric covered box I made
earlier this year.

When you remove the top, it opens up to reveal a secret
compartment!  I will fill it with chocolates when I
put it out on display with my other Christmas
decorations, probably in early December.
So I've an excuse to buy more candy!

This is Candytuft, Iberis candytuft!

Such a happy flower to see in spring!

I cannot think of my favourite candy/sweet as I like most of them!

Thanks Astrid for hosting this again.  Click here to return to her link page.

Bye!





11 comments:

  1. What a clever post. I always love your alternative Christmas tree, so original. DnJ covered their tree one year with assorted Quality Street chocolates and then gradually ate them till the tree looked quite bare. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jak. DnJ's tree sounds good but I'd have to have non-edible things on it too as a bare tree is a sad tree! x

      Delete
  2. What a clever post. I always love your alternative Christmas tree, so original. DnJ covered their tree one year with assorted Quality Street chocolates and then gradually ate them till the tree looked quite bare. I'd forgotten about Candytuft, I love it, must look out for it again. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m with you … I would be hard pressed to come up with a candy I don’t like … though I’m not keen on Bounty 🥥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I like Bounty! I'm still trying to think of a sweet I don't like but I've not thought of one!

      Delete
  4. I like Bounties - but can not abide strawberry or coffee creams - urgh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m with you on the coffee cream front Kate. Fortunately Martin likes them so he doesn’t feel too hard done by after they are all that are left after I have eaten all the nice ones 😂

      Delete
    2. Now I do like coffee creams, better than the strawberry ones! Whenever I am gifted a box of chocs, there are never any left! I will eat the nuts ones as Beloved does not care for them. x

      Delete
  5. OOh, such delicious candy! I didn't know they had sugar free Werther's, I wonder if they have them here.
    I love your box tree, that would be a nice secret stash here in our house so the boys wouldn't eat my sweets!
    What a beautiful flower, nice to see in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's essential to have secret stashed for sweets! Lucky for me, Beloved does not find them!

      Delete