Home

Friday 29 October 2021

Photo Hunt 29 October 2021 - Own Choice

I've never been one to 'celebrate' Christmas, Easter, Halloween etc etc so I don't have any Halloween photos to share with you.  I did think I might take a photo of some shop displays but I've not seen any while I've been walking around.  So let's see what I have found.

Back in March 2013 I was part of the Yarnival event in our
village.  I made the big spider, Beloved made the frame,
I made the web and bought lots of plastic spiders
to finish the display.

The other week I felt the need to crochet a pumpkin!
As usual, I had to embellish it with beads; it is
sitting in front of a reflective surface.

Then I made another two.  I prefer the two on the left and
not the design on the right.

Purple is one of my favourite colours as well as
featuring in Halloween.  The above is an unfinished
piece of work from many years ago.  Currently
I'm on a mission to finish lots of projects.
The fabric squares are sewn with a zig-zag
stitch between each one.  They are sewn onto a
stiffish Vylene to which the fabrics have been ironed on.

Use a rotary cutter to make slices of varying widths.
Move them around and re-sew with zig-zag stitches.
Repeat and repeat until you are happy with the effect.

Here it is finished. So what to do with it?

Cut into suitable sizes, bind the raw edge with
contrasting ribbon and glue to the front of
a blank notebook.  Gift to someone who
will appreciate it.

There were some scraps left over so I sewed them together and
had enough to put into a blank coaster.

Back to purple, well mostly purple.
My latest crochet blanket, folded in half.  
It is nearly long enough, at about 2 metres...

Here, I've opened it out.  I will add a border later.  I only
work on it when I've no other hand work to do at night.

As well as being another Friday, it is now almost the end of October.  Where has October gone to?  Never mind, it is another month nearer Spring!  Thanks Astrid for keeping my brain ticking over.  Click here to return to her link-up page to see what the others have done with Halloween.

Bye!















8 comments:

  1. Oh that fabric you’ve stitched is absolutely stunning 💜💜💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very easy to make the fabric; fiddly to transform it into embellishments for notebooks!

      Delete
  2. Gosh that first picture brought back memories. Memories of knitting all those black squares then putting on the letters and embellishments. I remember your huge spider. He was fantastic. I'd forgotten how you made those little squares for cards. The second picture is my favourite as it looks like a modern stained glass window. Love it. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Including the big spider was a last minute brain wave! I do get them now and then. I had forgotten you'd done the Yarnival banner; good memories for both of us. x

      Delete
  3. I do love the finished piece of tessellated 'tiles' of fabric before you chopped it up - beautiful! Ah Yarnival - a life time ago, hard work but great fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tessellated fabric tiles - what a lovely description. I must remember that phrase. Thank goodness for ones photo archives as they do bring back memories. x

      Delete
  4. I love the joint effort of your spider and web, it looks great!
    Your pumpkins are adorable, I like the smaller, beaded ones the best.
    The fabric squares are so pretty, I like how you did the notebook and coaster.
    The blanket is lovely too, perfect fall colours.
    Thanks for joining in, pretty darn good for not celebrating Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Astrid. I do try. I be leaving the beaded pumpkin out as I do like it!

      Delete