Home

Friday 15 October 2021

15 October 2021 Photo Hunt - Purple

 Thanks Astrid for this word as it was an easy one for me.  I like purple!

Teasel with bee!  I had one in my previous garden and found
it was generous with its seed.  The following year I had
lots of extra weeding to do.  I do like them but
I'm not planning to grow any more!

My purple hellebore.

Another purple hellebore.

I have a lot of purple hardy geraniums in the garden.
This is Geranium phaeum.

Geranium palmatum (more purple than pink!).

Common Spotted Orchid in our fields.

Love foxgloves.

Thistle (and friend) at our fields.

This clematis did very well this year.

Purple plums on our new plum tree.  I hope
it does well next year but .....

Lovely colour; a type of Malva.  A friend kindly
gave me some seed; I hope it returns next year.

On my to-do list, soon I hope!  

A purple theme small blanket for the cat rescue.

What to do with these lovely purple batik charm squares?

Sign I made for my new greenhouse, know as GCHQ!
Purple fabric and beads, of course.

Blackberry and apple crumble.....

Me in my purple gardening coat in my new greenhouse
just as the workmen left.

A purple themed small crochet blanket.  I think I donated it
to a cat rescue place.  

This was made for Project Linus but
when my quilting friend saw it she
said I had to keep it!  I saw a picture
on the web and worked out how to
make it; I like challenges like this.

The purple border fabric is crushed, plush velvet.
It was naughty to work with but I won.

A brooch I made years ago.  I should wear it but 
I don't.  It's nice to look at though!

Well, I'm keeping it short this week.  I could have gone on a lot longer.  Click here to return to Astrid's link up page.

Bye!


8 comments:

  1. What a fabulous selection. I also love purple but don’t seem to have many photos I haven’t used in previous challenges so I will be heading out back later to see what is still in flower … to add to a few I took on a day out yesterday πŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think there's anything wrong in repeating good photos! I'll look at your photos later today.

      Delete
  2. Wow, what a lot of purple. Lovely flower pictures. The majority of my pictures were of flowers too, even my hanging baskets theme for this year had been shades of purple and pink but I did not take any pictures when they were at their best. Your quilts are gorgeous too. I remember that velvet one, it is lovely but best is GCHQ. Should have been MCGHQ!!πŸ† πŸŒΈπŸ‡ X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jak. MCGHQ could almost be roman numerals for a large number. Even as I sit here I can see lots of purples that I could have included...... x

      Delete
  3. Wowsers - I know you love purple but you have excelled yourself here! Lovely photos πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Purple in the garden always looks so pretty, you have so many!
    You are very crafty with all those shades of purple, your quilts and blankets are just beautiful. The brooch is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete