Home

Friday 19 November 2021

Photo Hunt 19 November 2021 - Something you see every day

Once again, it's time to scratch my head and think.  My problem is I see so many things every day so I've been strict with myself and will only show you a few photos.

I wake up and see this wall hanging I made in 
March 2011; I joined a workshop to try this
technique and happened to take some blue
fabrics with me.  When I finished the block
I was advised to make more!  I did as I was told.

Again I see this when I wake up.  I made it at
another day workshop in about December
2010.

On a quilting course I was attending, a lady was making a
colour-graded quilt. This reminded me about a framed postcard
I'd had hanging on my since 1990.  I took the postcard out of
the frame and was dismayed to see no details about this
quilt. Liking a challenge, I set to and made my own version.

Finished size is about 73"square.  It hangs near my computer
and I use my computer every day.

It took me from March to July 2010 to make it.
I even used a spreadsheet to help me plan it
as I don't have any quilt design software.
The upstairs lounge where I 'play'. I'm in there everyday
and love to see my quilts and crocheted blankets etc etc.

The view from one of the tall windows in the upstairs lounge.
I look out of these windows many times a day, counting the
sheep or looking for rabbits or whatever.
The view of the garden, especially my 2 new greenhouses.

Apologies if the above is a bit boring but it's been a busier week than usual!  Click here to return to Astrid's page.  


Bye!




10 comments:

  1. I love your quilts. So lovely that you can display them and see them all the time 😃

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, gorgeous quilts & rugs and I do envy that glasshouse. It was a difficult challenge, but you've done it well. Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan. I agree with you saying it was a difficult challenge. I picked the quilts as I thought you'd enjoy seeing them. You take care too.

      Delete
  3. Two new greenhouses, I am behind times!! If one is CGHQ what is the other? I love the top quilt, especially as it had started you off on a new challenge and now it has become your main hobby. Love it. Keep quilting!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to name the second greenhouse; something will pop into my head one day. I plan to keep quilting for a long time to come; I still have a large stash! x

      Delete
  4. You have a lovely set of 'daily views' and your upstairs lounge is so welcoming thanks to all your beautiful blankets and quilts xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I love the lounge; even nearly 7 years after we moved here, I get so much pleasure being in there. xx

      Delete
  5. So many stunning quilts and crocheted blankets, I especially love the Christmas one. A lovely view and how nice to have TWO greenhouses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I acknowledge I'm very lucky. I give thanks every day. I;m looking forward to better weather so I can play in my greenhouses.

      Delete