Home

Sunday 5 February 2017

Hawthorn's Heartđź’“thon 5 February 2017

Years ago (early 1970s) I learnt to crochet and then never picked up my hook until the Japanese tsunami happened when Hawthorn organised us in our Knit N Knatter group to knit or crochet blankets for the children in Japan.  I was not prepared to knit but taught myself to crochet again (thank goodness for YouTube!). At about this time Hawthorn introduced me to Lucy's blog (click here) from Attic24 and what a great blog it is.  Lucy lives in Skipton which I know well and she crochets!  On her blog some years ago she made something similar and I present my version of her heart.  I've just had a quick look on Lucy's blog but can't find what inspired me.


5 comments:

  1. What a lovely heart. All the different embellishments just make it that much more special. I too really started crocheting for the Japanese children - nothing to big and daunting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely crochet heart (I think I remember seeing it on Lucy's blog too) Did you cover a polystyrene heart shape? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I forgot to say I covered a polystyrene heart shape that I bought on-line somewhere!

      Delete
  3. Ooh, that's lovely & Lucy's blog was the first I was ever shown, before I even knew what a blog was & I still follow her. I was taught to crochet by great grandmother when I was about eight & although I've had many breaks from it, I do enjoy very much these days. Take care.

    ReplyDelete