Home

Friday 14 February 2020

Five on Friday - Gratitude 14 February 2020

Joining in with Hawthorn once again.  Here are my 5 recent Gratitudes.

1   Enjoying other people's blogs

I don't read many as I don't have the time but I do get a lot of pleasure from seeing posts on UK Quilters United (you have to ask to join) and All Things Birdwatching UK (another one you have to ask to join).  Apart from Hawthorn's blog I also look forward to posts from Attic24.  I'm so grateful to these people for their regular posts.  Stunning photos and inspirational crochet!

2   Home alone

I like (love?) my own company and do not need to be surrounded by people etc.  A friend of mine would go crazy if she did not get out of the house daily.....  I am happy not to be hampered by these needs.  So when Beloved is away, I can play!

3   Let there be light

A bit of am impulse purchase last year at the Harrogate Quilt Show, an floor-standing LED light; it makes crafting possible once the daylight goes.  Wish I'd bought one years ago!

4   Staying dry

We were lucky when Storm Ciara visited us last weekend.  I hope Storm Dennis is of a similar nature.

The 'rivers' flowing off our long field onto the road ......

Part of the flooded Aire Valley; it was not possible to get all of the damp Aire valley
in one photo; I don't recall it being like this before.

A 'river' flows at the bottom of our garden; it is a worry when it rains a lot as the bridge
to our house needs repairing (an on-going saga since Boxing Day 2015!).
You can see what has been happening since last Sunday.....

5   Plenty of crafting to do

I like to be busy and, in particular, to be able to craft, generally quilting and crochet.  Recently I made myself a small ironing mat and how I wish I'd made one years ago.   So much easier that getting the ironing board out!  It's all about keeping it simple!



Well, off to see what makes you grateful.

See you next month.






3 comments:

  1. Often the simplest of things can make the heart happy. I agree that we have been lucky post Storm Ciara -I can't believe that your bridge issues have been going on since 2015!!! I was only thinking about it during that last lot of heavy rain and wondered if your bridge was going to stand up to all the water.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beloved said he could see one of his props has been washed out. When the water level goes down (WHEN!!!) he'll go down and see if he can find it... unless it's arrived in Morecambe Bay.

      Delete
  2. Interesting gratitudes & most of which I can relate too. Reading other blogs when I have time, my own company, though I do need friends as I've been lonely of late with no crafting friends in our area. I've quite a good lamp & I have the luxury of my ironing board set up permanently in my sewing room. Oh, that water looks terrible! We had a mini flood in our garage last night due to 39mm being dumped in about hour after a storm hit & the railway underpass in our town was flooded too during the night. OK, this morning. Stay safe, warm & dry. Huggles.

    ReplyDelete