Home

Friday 31 January 2020

January 2020 Photo Hunt

Gosh, it's time again for another Photo Hunt.  It took a while to get my brain to come up with interesting (I hope) ideas but I think I've managed it.

1   Lost/Found





It's strange that you don't know you've lost something until you stumble across it!  Like the kit for the above quilted bowl; I'll be making the red bowl, soon I hope!

PS  since I wrote this post I did make my bowl; I'm pleased with it.



2   Print/s

When it snows you get an idea of who is wandering about.
These are pheasant tracks from our fields in March 2013.


3  Lunch

Top is my usual lunch; below is my choice when 
I have lunch with some ex-work Colleagues.
It's only once a month .....


4  Starts with M

Mickey the Moggy; he adopted us briefly.  He liked to relax on Beloved's
outstretched legs ...  so Beloved was unable to get up and make a brew.....


5  Ends with T

FronT door.....

The door had been difficult to lock; one Sunday it decided it had 
had enough.  Beloved looked at it and realised he had to take
the lock mechanism out because he realised he could 
probably shut the door but then not be able to open it....

Rather than sleep on the floor overnight, he built a fine barricade!

I used my craft masking tape to cover up the holes in the door.

Luckily it was fixed the next day.


6  Own Choice

I'm still making quilts for Project Linus.  Here is the latest one.  I saw a picture of it on Pinterest and liked it to much.  I just happened to have purple and white-on-white fabrics in my stash; of course I've got lots of other bits!  There was no pattern as such but I recognised the 3 main blocks.  So after a bit of simple maths and experimental sewing, I could start on my actual fabrics.

What I saw on Pinterest.

What I made; there are 68 half-square triangles, 83 9-patch blocks and 14 triangular (Star Leg) blocks just in case you are interested!

It took a month to make but it was such an enjoyable project.

Follow-up information!  I created my first Facebook post about this quilt on the UK Quilters United group; I had a lot of positive comments but best of all one lady was able to tell me that the quilt is called Patches of Life by the Quilt in a Day lady Eleanor Burns.  Click here to see more about this quilt. The power of social media!

Don;t forget to visit Hawthorn's blog to look at the other photo hunt collections.  Click here to see them.












14 comments:

  1. Mickey the cat looks so comfortable - great excuse for no tea being brewed lol
    Your patchworks are always gorgeous Julie - so precision. The bowl is fabulous. And I must say you have a very healthy lunch :) See you next month. Fil x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind comments. My healthy lunch is just the quickest lunch I can make; I prefer to spend my time on craft work rather than cooking.....

      Delete
  2. What an appropriate name for the quilt and clever you for making it sans pattern :) I do love seeing photos of Mickey >^.^<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the quilt was a challenge but very enjoyable. Got to find ways to keep the brain ticking over. Sadly when Mickey was day-boarding with us (he went elsewhere at night) I did not have a digital camera. I do have other photos but not a lot. I do have loads in my mind though but I've no way of downloading them....

      Delete
  3. Oh M, I love them all. Think I'd like to make a bowl like that & as for the cat, so cute. Does that happen to be "teacake"in the lunch shot? If so, can I share.I also like the bird prints in the snow, but the ultimate is your gorgeous quilt. Take care & have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It a corn (as in maize) cake not a tea cake. Similar to a rice cake but not as thick or dry. Feel free to share. I had a sneaky feeling you might like my quilt (and bowl!).

      Delete
  4. I love Mickey the Moggy, especially the second shot, but my favourite just has to be your quilt, it's gorgeous :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for you kind comments; Mickey was one cool moggy; we miss him.

      Delete
  5. Love those pictures of Mickey, he looks so relaxed. The quilt is absolutely gorgeous. I love the way that if I screw up my eyes while looking at the picture I can made out different things. The white shows up as one pattern then the blocks can be made more prominent. Can't wait to see your next project. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind comments Jak. Not sure what my next quilt project will be; so many ideas to choose from. x

      Delete
  6. A cat and quilts, he's adorable and such beautiful pieces you finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind comments; I've just started another quilt for Project Linus today. It might feature in a future photo hunt!

      Delete
  7. How beautiful are the footprints in the snow, wonderful photos for the prompts.
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it snows I like to go to our fields and look for the footprints; some of the activity is amazing; some go in circles but why? Pleased you liked my photos.

      Delete