Home

Thursday 16 January 2020

Five on Friday - Gratitude 17 January 2020

Once again I've reflected upon how grateful/lucky I've been during the past 7 days.

1   Own Space

I'm lucky to have my own space in our house, where I can be on my own and work quietly away or just sit and read.

2   IT Friends

An IT friend from where we both worked is always at the end of an email if I have a query; he helped me decide to buy a new iPad recently.  Another friend is in the process of upgrading my PC; it's turning out to be a longer job than he first thought.  But he is battling on and I help where I can!  It appears that my old hard drive was getting damaged so I'm lucky it had not failed.  I do have a backup but ....

3   Daffodils

Oh how my heart soared when I saw bunches of daffodils in a local supermarket about 10 days ago.  A friend introduced them to me a few years ago and I look forward to having some.

I'm also smiling a lot as I can see daffodil leaves appearing in the garden!
Spring is on its way.....

4   Dumbbells

Why you ask?  I'm not a keep-fit fan as such but the same IT friend spotted some in a charity shop and bought them for me.

I use them as extra weights when I'm cutting quilting fabrics.  Wish I'd known about
them years ago!

5   Internet Shopping

Glad I can manage to do this!  Say no more.



Well, I'll keep a list going of things to be grateful for until the next time!




4 comments:

  1. what a wonderful mixed bag of happy-ness - small things that mean a lot - have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right; it's the small things that can be so pleasing.

      Delete
  2. I know the feeling about daffodils they are lovely.

    ReplyDelete