Home

Friday 31 July 2020

July 2020 Photo Hunt

Oops, I nearly missed the deadline for today, despite making a start at the beginning of July...

So here's my offerings.

1   Something purple

Purple is one of my favourite colours so it was difficult for me to
select just one item.  Top is a crochet blanket with purple
as the predominant colour (trust me it is purple!) and
below Beloved holds up a purple quilt I made recently
with fleece backing.


2   Something green

A wall hanging I made in December 2020, using green fabrics.

I still have a lot of green fabrics to use....


3   Starts with F

Spotted Flycatchers nesting at the front of our garage where we used to live, June 2005.


4   Still life

One of the crochet blanket projects I am currently working on.  The yarn balls keep still
until one is selected!

How it's starting to look; it is the Dahlia blanket from Attic24.


5   Snapped at this moment

August 2005 I snapped this as Beloved was working in our fields.
It was awarded first prize in our local show in August 2006 
under the heading Life on the Farm; I did not tell Beloved I'd entered it
into the show so he was a bit shocked when he saw in at the show....


6   Own choice

Beloved hammered this cog into the ground for me the other day;
this was today's visitor.  Male Bullfinch, wonderful.

Hopefully you can see some seed I've scattered
in the top groove.  Better a life in my garden
than ending up in the scrap man's wagon!

Well, time to check out what you have all selected; I know I'll be in for a treat!  As usual thanks Hawthorn.

Bye!




16 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your new (to you) rusty cog bird feeder! (and your snap of M on his tractor is brilliant) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you approve of my cog feeder; originally I thought it might be a useful perch for birds going to and from the big seed feeders but I'm happy to keep putting a few seeds in it. Hard to believe I took the tractor shot 15 years ago.... xx

      Delete
  2. Great shots, and I really like your humourous take on 'still life' :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the yarn only moves when I crochet with it! I did try to think outside the box.

      Delete
  3. The cog feeder is very inventive. And such a special visitor. Also love that you had a nest of spotted flycatchers. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had seen a robin on the cog feeder but I'm so glad the Bull Finch arrived yesterday so that I could include it today!

      Delete
  4. Kate has said what I was thinking to say. Love the feeder and the tractor shot of M is so full of life and movement. Well done on first prize. It deserved it. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was (and still am) astonished that my photo won; it was just a quick snap! x

      Delete
  5. Great photos, I love your quilts and the blanket is going to be so colourful. At first I thought your feeder was a sun or sunflower, not a piece of scrap! What a fantastic re-purpose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We have spent a long time clearing out Beloved's aunt's house and the amount of scrap we had to get rid of, well the scrap man came 3 times.... I rescued this piece at the last moment as it looked lovely. I did keep another piece back and might try to include it in a future photo hunt.

      Delete
  6. Ooh gosh, so much lovely creativity!! Every time Lucy has a new CAL I feel like I want to join in but I know that I have so much going on already (and so many unfinished projects!) that I'd better not join!!!! Your rug is looking gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do enjoy Lucy's blankets and have made several over the years. I too have many unfinished projects but sometimes I just have to start a new one; it's all about having fun.

      Delete
  7. Ah! A grey Fergie, I grew up on a farm and I love that picture. Love the purple quilt and a bit of rusty iron? Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I spied a rug just like mine. Hope you are enjoying making it. I did. I've a story about the Dahlia rug, but don't know how to tell you... I love your re-purposed bird feeder & the photo of your DH. Take care, stay safe & huggles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apologies for a late publication of your comment but once the Photo Hunt is over I tend not to return until the next one! Glad you like my Dahlia blanket; still working on it, slowly but there is no rush!

      Delete