Home

Friday 30 October 2020

October Photo Hunt 2020

Can't believe I'm ahead of myself this month. I've had at least 2 weeks in which to change my mind about the chosen photos!


1   Sweet treat

We like to drive out to Ribblehead Viaduct calling in at Seasons'
Bakery to get a brew and piece of cake!  Sweet treat indeed.

2   Starts with W 

Walking!  We try to do a daily walk and I always take my camera with me unless rain is due.

Near our house is a very steep drive; there are lots of scrape marks
in the tarmac; on this day the wagon was stuck, the result of
having a long overhang at the back.  We watched as the
recovery truck arrived, assessed the job and then pulled the
wagon backwards.  


3  Reading now

I like murder mystery books.

4  Hobby/Crafting

Planning which one to make next after reading them both.
I'll go for the one on the right, scaling it down to a suitable
size for a Project Linus quilt.

Here it is!  I'm pleased with it.  Point A is the
start of the colour run and Point B is the
end; then I start with the colours from  Point A
and carry on.  All done on a wing and a prayer,
modifying the pattern as I went along.



5   Something Purple

A recent crochet blanket I made, destined for a cat charity that re-homes cat, each one
going to its new home with its own blanket.

6   Own Choice

I had heard there was a Barn Owl nearby and finally
a few month ago I spotted it from an upstairs window.
Since then I have seen it several times but it is
quite far away and I struggle to get a decent
photo but I'm sure you'll agree it is a Barn Owl!

Well, that's it for this month.  On to the next month.  Take care and stay safe.














12 comments:

  1. I have seen a number of delivery vans stuck on that road too - I am pretty sure I remember the one you have photographed (was it an Argos truck?) the one that comes to mind for me is a white plumbers van, a small one but might have been heavily loaded as it was low down on its wheels. It had shot up the road, ground to a halt with its back wheels off the ground. The two young delivery blokes were running around with their hands on their heads and their mouths open as they just did not know what to do!!
    Lovely quilt (as ever xxx) thank you for joining in x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was an Argos van. Each time we pass that road we comment on this incident; there are lots of scratches/gauges on the tarmac there. I had to smile at your description of the white van stuck there...

      Delete
  2. Oh, you mention Ribblehead Viaduct & I want to come over again..............Love your 2 crafty items, but the barn owl would have to win hands down for me. As for the truck, I can't imagine what my DH would be saying if he saw it, as he was a heavy vehicle driver for so long. Thanks for sharing, take care & huggles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We visit Ribblehead a lot; a pleasant drive there, and a view with a brew. Sometimes we see 2 carriage trains go over and other times long goods trains. If a steam train is to go over, we do not go to see it as parking would be impossible unless you got there at least 3 hours before its arrival. So do visit if you come back here. x

      Delete
  3. A good shot of the barn owl even if it was quite a distance away. I like the colours of the quilt but my favourite this time just has to be the purple cat blanket - it's so sweet that each cat goes to its new home with its own blanket :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I like to think that one day the barn owl will be sitting closer to our house and pose while I take a photo!

      Delete
  4. I know the hill you are talking about too. Would hate to live up there in one of those houses. How lucky you had a purple kitty blanket - very appropriate. Seeing your lovely barn owl picture I wondered if you had seen Boris the Owl since you left Chelsea. As for that cake .......mmmm, xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, living up or down a hill is not something I'd like, especially when it gets icy. I've not seen Boris since we left Chelsea. Sometimes I hear a Tawny Owl here and wonder if it is one of his offspring. Yes that cake is delicious! x

      Delete
  5. Ooh, I would love your sweet treat right about now, it looks delicious.
    Your quilt looks beautiful, such pretty colours. And your blanket will certainly make a kitty very happy.
    Great owl photo, lucky you to spot it so often now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have to be honest and say I only eat half the sweet treat and have the rest the following day at coffee break. It is rather rich. I spotted the Barn Owl last night as it was getting dark. Hope it's not going hungry in this wet weather.

      Delete
  6. I adore barn owls. They make me think of silent angels when they fly by. That's a great picture. Love the crochet blanket, one lucky cosy kitty. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I love owls and it is good to have a semi-resident Barn Owl here. At our previous house we had a resident Tawny Owl, called Boris!

      Delete