Home

Friday 4 June 2021

4 June 2021 Photo Hunt - Glass

Well, once again it's Friday; this week's word was easy for me.  I originally could only think of one glass-themed photo and then as I looked around I saw lots of potential photos.  So I've included a few more than the original one!

I treated myself to this curved, fused glass piece on a 
visit to Yarndale, possibly 2019.

A gift from a friend, a mobile of fish, hanging in
the bathroom window.

Another gift!  Lucky me.

I couldn't resist this; I bought from our local craft
fair in November 2019.

Another gift from my fish friend!  A
string of glass elephants.

Finally, I just had to include my greenhouse.  I just love 
playing in it, be it boiling hot or not so hot.  A wonderful
space and I've room to move about in it.  My old
greenhouse was about 6' square....

Well, that's all from me for this week.  I didn't want to bore you all.  Please click here to return to Astrid's post so you can see what everyone has to offer.


Bye!



8 comments:

  1. I am so envious of your greenhouse ... we only have a tiny plastic one and it is always full to bursting. I love your glass bits too. It’s funny ... I have a few fused glass bits and bobs hanging round the garden but didn’t think of them until I saw your post ... I’ve actually hung up some little birds in our magnolia today 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost got a greenhouse in 1984..... then when we moved here in 2015, there was a 6'square one left behind. In the previous house I had a polytunnel but I felt it would look out of place here. So almost 30 years later I have a proper greenhouse. It was worth the wait!

      Delete
  2. I always love your selection of glass hanging ornaments. I too have suddenly remembered I have an owl painted on glass which I could have used instead of stained glass windows. As for your new greenhouse, I definitely have greenhouse envy. I still have to spring clean mine but we use ours more to sit in during summer months as I put shade cloth on top and we have a little set of bijou table and chairs. It is lovely when the wind is blowing too much to sit outside. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, that sitting in a greenhouse is wonderful. The wind does blow around this house, something I'm not sure I'll get used to. The old house was in a hollow and as a rule the wind blew over the top. Good of you to remember these ornaments came from my tree! x

      Delete
  3. Lovely glassy bits & I too have quite a few ornamental bits'n'bobs I've collected, been given as gifts and inherited from my late Mum. Best of yours is the glasshouse & I am so envious. They get very hot here in summer, but would certainly be welcome during winter. Take care, say safe & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you approve my greenhouse. I'm really enjoying it. It has been over 50 °C (about 122 °F) in there and that is with the door open and all 4 vents open. It will be interesting to see how 'warm' it is when the cooler weather arrives! Take care.

      Delete
  4. So many sweet pieces, I especially love the heart and the little sheep. Lucky you to have such a big greenhouse to play in, and the perfect glass photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even now as I wander around the house I keep seeing more glass objects I could have used! Yes, I'm very lucky with my new greenhouse and I've been playing in it today.

      Delete