Home

Friday 28 May 2021

28 May Photo Hunt - Music

And it's Friday again.  Once more I'm joining in with Astrid; click here to see what others have posted.

It's going to be a short post from me this week.  I don;t play a musical instrument nor sing!  When we moved here (just over 6 years ago) we brought the stereo equipment with us but it's never been unpacked.  I rarely listen to music as I can't concentrate on what else I might be doing.  I hate being out in the garden and have to listen to other people's music wafting around.  Even my DVD/CD player on my PC is not working at the moment so even if I wanted music on, I can't but I don't miss it.

So I struggled a bit with this one and then an image of my latest Project Linus quilt came to mind.

Here is it; it's called Flutterby; click here if
you are interested in making it.

So why am I showing it to you?  Because the outer border is called Piano keys, hence my music link!

I'm in the process of attaching the black border but 
I've not taken a photo yet.

That's all from me this week.  Take care.

Bye!


8 comments:

  1. Love your Flutterby with piano keys surrounding it....definitely a music connection. Well thought out. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just a lucky inspiration. I have made a Christmas decoration using an old music score but it would have been too much trouble to get the box out and I'm not sure if I still have it! I also don't seem to have a photo of it! x

      Delete
  2. I must admit I struggled thinking of anything for this weeks challenge. I am similar to you in that, whilst I wouldn’t say I don’t like music, I do like quiet when I’m trying to focus on something. Tricky sometimes as Martin loves having the radio on all the time 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the rare occasions I listen to music, I have to be on my own! Thankfully my Beloved does not need music on all the time!

      Delete
  3. Well done & what a beauty. So colourful in these dreary times & lifts me up to get a few things done today. Weather has been atrocious and we are again in a strict lockdown here in Victoria & I'm feeling blue. Music has always been a big part of my life, so just maybe I should think about joining in this week. Hopefully the sun will come out today, I'll get a walk in, some sewing & then a blog post. Ah, life can be difficult. Take care, stay safe & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've a big smile on my face, knowing my Flutterby quilt has made you feel a little more positive given your lockdown and bad weather. We are in a Bank Holiday weekend and usually the weather is poor but for once it might be a good one! I do hope you find the time to join in with this photo hunt. I do enjoy your posts. Take care and go and look at your lovely fabrics!

      Delete
  4. I love your Flutterby quilt, the design and colours are lovely and the 'piano keys' round the edge are a great finishing touch :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been slowly accumulating fabric for the piano keys border and I was so pleased to be able to use it. I've started to gather fabrics for another one!

      Delete