Home

Friday 21 May 2021

21 May 2021 Photo Hunt - Rain

Well, this week's word RAIN was so easy to find photos for.  We live in an area that can best be described as damp.  Even as I prepare this post, it is raining...   sigh.

So let me show you some of my rain photos!

We live in the area marked A.  Never mind, we do have some lovely countryside!

Driving out in the rain recently I saw the above cloud
and hoped it was not going to be a tornado....

I think you'll agree it is raining hard...

Whilst not actually raining on us as we drive along, the
'strings' hanging down from the cloud are rain.

Still raining.....

At home we've had several hail showers instead of rain.
There was a sleeping duck by the kitchen door but the hail
work him up and he was not pleased!

We have yet to sort out the garden nearest the house but as a
temporary measure I've put these flags down to keep me
out of the mud; a bit of rain and pools of water soon 
appear by the flags.

But rain does not stop me working in GCHQ!

Putting up bunting in the rain!

We pass this bridge regularly; after a lot of rain and the river
is up, the water roars over the top of the weir.  To the left
of this photo some grass has been caught on a metal spike;
it now stretches at least 5' down.

At the bottom of the garden I can see across the river that
flows there to a white mark.  One day I hope to get to it and
measure its height, to give me an idea as to how high
the water is when it thunders past.

Here is a close-up of said white mark.

Do you remember Boxing Day 2015 in the UK?  There was
a lot of rain/flooding etc.  This photo was taken in June 2020
when you can just see the top of the white mark.  In December
2015 the water was much higher!

I keep an eye on the Government's river level indicator for out river; you can see it got 
quite high!  As an aside, this event damaged our access bridge to our house.
We finally had it repaired last year!  Perhaps if there is a suitable word in 
the future I can share a few photos with you!

Well that's my lot for this week.  Thanks to Astrid for hosting this and as usual click here to return to her blog and see who else has joined it.

Bye!



6 comments:

  1. There is certainly no shortage of the wet stuff here at the moment either ... it is throwing it down here as I write. We are off to Yorkshire shortly ... at the least the waterfalls should be spectacular 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, lots of rain = spectacular waterfalls. Glad you are looking on the bright side...

      Delete
  2. How clever to use the UK rainfall map. Love your approaching storm picture. Looks as though you are heading straight into it. We certainty have had a lot of rain lately. Wish it would stop. I want to get out into my garden. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to get out for a walk; we did not walk yesterday and today looks unlikely... grrr. I'm glad the approaching storm did not develop into an American-style storm! x

      Delete
  3. Oh my, that is a lot of rain! Hopefully you've dried out by now? I do like seeing your bunting in the window, it certainly brightens up the rain. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do seem to get a lot of rain here though every few years we do get threatened with a hose pip ban. You are someone else who likes the bunting, thanks.

      Delete