Home

Friday 13 December 2019

Five on Friday - Gratitude (13 December 2019)

Once again it was good to dwell on the last week and realise how much gratitude I have had.

No 1
I've been quilting since the mid 1990s and, lo and behold, I have a fabric stash!!  Not sure how that happened but I've been so grateful that the lady who introduced me to quilting is now raiding my stash.

There is more fabric in drawers and boxes elsewhere....
It is great to see her quilts and recognise my fabrics, 
as they are old friends and it is good to see them again.

No 2
I've finished my new stick!  Beloved came home the other week with a beautiful stick; it was so much bigger than my previous one and took a long longer to yarn bomb.  Whilst I was doing this over a 7 day period, I developed a stiff neck, which slowed me down.  Just as I finished covering it all in yarn it dawned on me that holding my head in the same position had given me a stiff neck!  Phew, so grateful that it is not something I need to see the Doctor about!

Hard to see all the branches are covered  in different shades of green!

I even found the lights I bought for it over a year  ago...

No 3
Living next to adjacent countryside means we get lots of wildlife in the garden which is wonderful.  So pleased to see the pheasants are now returning.  We are grateful to see any wildlife (except for lambs!) in our garden.

There are 8 females and 2 males that day.   They come and go throughout the day and
the numbers vary all the time.  As soon as we are spotted in the kitchen they
run towards the patio doors. I bet they are grateful to have succeeded in 
training us so well!

No 4
My friend is very ill and unable to drive herself anywhere. She has helped me over the years with all sorts of stuff and I'm grateful that I can 'repay' her by taking her out, be it to a doctor's appointment or yesterday to Skipton. Better still the rain stayed away until it was time to come home.

No 5
I like to create things; there comes a point when  I can't go on making stuff but....  As you can see from No 1 above, I have a lot of quilting fabrics...    So I've started to make quilts for Project Linus.  Now I can try new patterns but on a smaller scale.  This week I took 9 quilts and 2 crochet throws to a shop in Longridge from where a Project Linus lady will collect them. Yipee, I can now make more; so grateful I can continue to be creative and some child somewhere will benefit.   Silly me!  I just found a quilt I'd forgotten to take over to Longridge so I can be put aside for my next visit.  Here's a few photos!










Thanks Hawthorn for reminding me what a good life I do have, even if it rains a lot here!





4 comments:

  1. Beautiful xx it is just that - recognising the 'small' things and realising that they actually make life so much nicer xx love your stick in it's new and twinkly form - it really lights up that corner :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Co-incidentally when I drift off to sleep I review the good things from the current day; I always try to focus on positive things! I would like to make another stick.....

      Delete
  2. It is definitely the small things theoughout the day that we should be truly grateful for & I too am trying to be way more positive & thankful. Love all the quilts & your bevy of pheasants. Don't have them here. Fabric stash? I'm not showing mine.....umm, I've been quilting since 1977, so you can imagine what mine looks like. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I can imagine your stash is bigger than mine! You might not pheasants but you do have lots of other critters that we don't have here; some I'd like to see but most you can keep, eg, spiders and snakes! Have fun.

      Delete