Home

Friday 6 December 2019

Five on Friday - Gratitude (6 December 2020)

Once again Hawthorn  has asked us to join in.  This week I've been more thoughtful of things to be grateful for.  It is good to be reminded about the good things in life!

No 1
I was making a parsley sauce to go with some fish and pulled out a tub of chopped parsley. Luckily I looked at the contents before I added them to the sauce; it was a tub of chopped green chillies......  grateful I spotted this!

No 2
Earlier this week it was so cold that I had to put my thermals on.....  thank goodness photos were not required!

No 3
Walking into our nearest town (trying to be fit!) the other day I did not take my camera with me. Typically I needed it.  So you will have to believe me when I say we saw 2 herons, close by too!   Grrr but they are in my mind so I'm grateful for that.   I would have had some good photos....

No 4
Driving out the other day, a local bus was approaching a mini roundabout and Santa was driving it!  We exchanged waves and went on our separate ways.  Grateful that I'm easily pleased by small things!

No 5
Last one but the best one for me!

So grateful when my Beloved came home on Wednesday with
this 'stick'!  I'll try to keep the story behind it short!

We don't celebarte Christmas.  I do like a Christmas tree but  ...

Here is the one I made 3 years ago; a piece of ash, yarn bombed!
At Christmas I hang my Christmas ornaments (including
chocolate things which I've yet to buy).  After Christmas
I take them down and replace them by non-Christmas
dangly things.

I have red lights which are on from
October to March, when it is dark.

I wanted a new stick and had already ruined 2 others 
as the stick needs to go in a corner and I'd cut off the wrong branches.
So imagine my delight when Beloved turns up with a most
beautiful stick on Wednesday.  I can't think of a 
better 'present' from him.   I will keep the
above stick here and have the new one elsewhere
as my collection of dangly things is 
growing, thanks to gifts from friends
or what I've made.

The new stick will go here.  I even think
I've some lights for it, bought last
year when I planned to make another one
but I broke my right wrist instead
so no new stick then!

Thanks once more to Hawthorn for suggesting this link up.  Click here to return to her blog and see who else has joined in.

See you next Friday.







4 comments:

  1. Your new stick is lovely - can't wait to see how it turns out once it has had the 'Chicken with purple threads' treatment!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on my new stick; I've decided not to start any quilting until it's done!

      Delete
  2. Yes, small things can be so delightful & I think we lead such fastpaced lives, that we tend to forget. I was going to join in, but time & tech problems seem to getting in the way at the moment. We used to have a small gum branch when the kids were small for our Xmas tree & they loved decorating it. Maybe that should be my go-to this year for a quiet Xmas, as I wasn't going to bother at all. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how life gets in the way!!! If you are going to yarn-bomb a tree branch, pick a smallish one! My latest one is big and taking much longer to do than I planned!

      Delete