Home

Friday 20 December 2019

Five on Friday - Gratitude (20 December 2019)

Off we go again!

No 1
So grateful I can drive, have my own car and am still confident to drive all over the place; mind you I'm not sure I'd want to drive to Birmingham!

No 2
Tied in to No 1, I am independant, not needing my Beloved at my side all the time!  We go our own ways and pass now and then!  I can be certain he'll be back for meal times....

No 3
Sometimes you can't beat on-line shopping!  I don't do this very often but it is great to order and await delivery.  Recently I ordered 4 quilting patterns from Jordan Fabrics in Oregon as there is no way I'd ever visit the shop there.  Hip hip horray for on-line shopping.

No 4
I've not been feeling so well these last few weeks; could not put my finger on it and then a few days ago, all the aches and pains turned into a cold; thank goodness it is only a cold and not flu.

No 5
Beloved and myself watch Youtube, not terrestrial television.  We watch all sorts (I have to watch quilting videos by myself!) and, living near the Settle to Carlisle line we sometimes watch videos about this.  We both like steam trains.  Just a few days ago we watched a video about Mallard and then it suddenly dawned on me what we'd witnessed in 1988 without realising it.   Back in 1938 Mallard broke the speed record for a steam train.  50 years later (in 1988) Mallard was to make 4 trips along the Settle - Carlisle line to celebrate this achievement.  On one such event we were driving to Skipton and saw a lot of people near the railway line. Beloved parked and we asked what was happening. Mallard is coming by and indeed it did.  I am grateful to that YouTube video for pointing out what we'd seen.  I'm not sure if Mallard has been out and about since then.  So that memory is now all the more special. Of course very much pre-digital camera but we saw her!


2 comments:

  1. Being independent is definitely something to be grateful for :) But I am with you on the setting off on the motorway to some far off city! Feel better soon xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I must promise myself to stay as independent as possible. Not sure why I'd want to go to Birmingham or such like now!

      Delete