Home

Friday 10 December 2021

Photo Hunt 10 December 2021 - Mug

 Phew, I just remembered in time to prepare this post; the last week has galloped by.....

I like mugs!  I gaze at them when I come across them out shopping.  I am tempted to buy one (or two or more) but I already have so many!

Usually this cupboard is full to bursting but quite a lot
of mugs are in the dishwasher...

Some extra (rarely used) mugs live in another cupboard.

It was a hard choice to select just a few favourites to share with you!

On the left is a mug that I've had for over 25 (if not more) years.
On the right is a Christmas present from my dear quilting
friend; I use it every day; even the metal tin it came
in is used regularly in my craft room!  She said I was
like a small child, playing more with the packaging
than the 'toy' inside!

Beloved likes Land Rovers and Tractors and china mugs.
So these two are perfect.  They are quite big and not used
much; a bit too precious to break!

Finally, 2 other mugs currently in use.  They are china but
chunky china. 

What do I have in our mugs?  Nothing exciting; tea for Beloved and hot water for me with a single coffee each day. 

Apologies for a bit of a boring post!

I'm looking forward to next week's word as I think I can do better!

As usual thanks to Astrid and please click here to return to her link-up page.  I like to think the other posts will be more interesting than mine!

Bye!



9 comments:

  1. Love your Mug post, not boring at all. I go along with using the packaging as well as the contents. You have some interesting mugs there, but my favourites are the bottom two, the comic cow and giraffe. 🌲xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the moment the bottom two are my next favourites after the Lowry one. I have quite a few mugs with chickens and geese on them but forgot to include them! x

      Delete
  2. So sorry but I’ve copied my comments from Jak’s post this week … just back from holiday and not really in the swing of things yet… We have been away this week and the cottage had a cupboard full of lovely seaside and Christmas themed mugs but I used the Christmas mugs in last weeks post (silly me) so didn’t really have anything to add this week. I don’t drink hot drinks at all so we only really have a few mugs and they don’t really have any interesting stories attached. Hopefully I will be back in the swing next week 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best to go easy on yourself as one can't do everything!

      Delete
    2. Thank you … you are so right … it’s always a busy time of year isn’t it 😃

      Delete
  3. What a collection! And lots of memories with each of them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One only has to glance around the house to see so many memories. I suddenly remembered I have a couple of cups we bought when we lived in Coventry (1981-1983) so they are ancient! x

      Delete
  4. I love mugs too and it's hard not to buy more when I see fun ones.
    You have some cute ones, I do love that sweet cow!
    Thanks for joining in and sharing your stash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep threatening to make a cow picture from my fabric stash.....

      Delete