Home

Friday 3 December 2021

Photo Hunt 3 December 2021 - Ornament

I think this word will be easy.  I found the following definitions for ornament:

  • a thing used or serving to make something look more attractive but usually having no practical purpose, especially a small object such as a figurine
  • make (something) look more attractive by adding decorative items.

I'm not sure I agree with the phrase 'usually having no practical purpose' as they make me smile/happy!  

Well I do have a lot of ornaments!  Not as many as I used to have as prior to the move here I did go through them ruthlessly.  However I do seem to be acquiring more, either made by myself, by friends, purchases made by myself or gifts from friends.

I will share just a few with you.

Made for the first greenhouse; might make one for the second one.

Hope you can see the bead embellishments.

A recent gift from a friend.

Out with a friend in Settle and I could not resist this snail.

I bought the blank felt horse shape and embellished it.
It's meant to be galloping through the waves and foam
at the seashore whilst kicking up cockles and razor shells .....

The other one!

A few years ago I attended a funeral and we were
asked to wear bright clothes; I wore these in my
hair and yes I had made them.

At a quilt show years ago and saw this.  They only
accepted cash and I did not have enough with me
but I knew one of the stall holders so was able to
borrow the money!  Well, if you don't ask....

I saw this on Attic24's blog (2018) and, rather 
than buy the kit, I made my own mushroom.
Then I made a little scene (and mouse)
to display it.

With it being December, I suppose one's thoughts turn to Christmas so I started to get my decorations out on 30 November and finished on 1 December.  I know I keep saying 'I don't do Christmas' but I just select the bits I like and ignore the rest!

Bought this recently at a Craft Show.

I saw this at a Craft show in 2018 and thought I could make
my own.  It was fun to make and I do have some non-Christmas
papers to make another one, which I will do 'one day'!

This fell into my shopping basket recently.

I saw this picture back in December
2017 and finally I  made some recently.

I did make 3 in the end;
one was gifted and I have
the other 2.

Rather than sew the 'bauble' to the top I managed to
thread red beads onto some wire to support the
bauble.  It wobbles if touched!  Bonkers, I know.

A friend was selling these so I felt
I had to support her!

I think I have to admit I have an obsession about Christmas trees.
Here are most of them...

All lit up with wire lights.

I think I had better stop now.  Where I am sitting now I can see at least 50 ornaments.....

I can't wait to see your ornaments and the stories behind them.  Thanks Astrid, I enjoyed this word.  Click here to return to her link-up page.

Bye!



6 comments:

  1. What a great selection, both everyday & Christmas. Your handcrafted ones are great & I love the touch of whimsy in some of them. Very talented. Must get my skates on & try to join in this one. Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them! I don't follow tradition as such so will probably keep them up until the end of January. Seems a shame to only have the Christmas ones out for a couple of weeks so a couple of months sounds better to me. Hope you are able to join in as it is so interesting to see your posts. You take care too.

      Delete
  2. I love your selection, especially the glass snail and the beautiful china hare. Your hand crafted ones are terrific, and I agree, all that lovely selection should be seen for more than a couple of weeks. 🌲🎅

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind comments. I will definitely keep them out until the end of January.... x

      Delete
  3. So many original pieces. I love how you recreated some of them, they look great! Such a lovely variety, I especially love the Christmas trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Astrid; it has been pointed out to me that I have an obsession with Christmas trees.... as I type, I've another 2 on the go!

      Delete