Home

Friday 4 December 2020

4 December 2020 Photo Hunt Decoration/s

Well. I like a challenge and Hawthorn has set us 4 throughout December this year.  Better still I'm not limited to one photo!  Click here to see what everyone else has posted.

I do like Christmas Decorations even if I am not a Christmas fan.  So let's see what I've found to share with you but being mindful that I can't show you every one!

This was made for me a few years ago.
Thanks Jak, I still love it.

A wet felted little hanging I made many years ago.
Beloved made a little stand for it.

Saw this kit at a craft show, possibly in 2010 so I saved
the idea and made my own version.

I saw this at a local craft show and I liked it so I came 
home and made my own version.

A close-up for you.  I do intend to make a spring
themed one, one day!

Final photo!  A gift from a work colleague
many years ago; hard to believe it's just
plastic milk bottle tops with some wadding
on the top and then fabric circles gathered
up and pulled tight behind the cap.

Thanks for looking and I know I shall enjoy viewing your decorations.

Bye!

PS  I suddenly remembered this last night as I was drifting off to sleep (ha ha).

It's the latest Donna Jordan quilt tutorial.
Click here to see it; free pattern too.
Guess what I started to make yesterday???

This is definitely the end of this post!  Time to publish it.







18 comments:

  1. I love that all your choices are beautifully handmade :) thank you for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for this fun approach to December; we need lots of fun in our lives at the moment; interesting that it has started to snow today; how did you manage to arrange this? x

      Delete
  2. I love the little fat robin, so cute. I am not at all crafty like you so really admire your handmade decorations. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm so thankful for my craft skills but I do like to see commercial Christmas decorations too.

      Delete
  3. For a non Christmassy person you have some lovely Christmas decorations. I too love that they are all home made. Makes them extra special. I love your wreaths, especially the last folded paper one. We also had an bottled top covered item, must have been a craze all those years ago. Mine was covering old beer bottle tops (I got from a nearby club, we did not drink them) and they were covered with purple and green crochet work formed to make a bunch of grapes with leaves. It was used as a teapot trivet. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments Jak; yes I admit to being very non-Christmassy but I do like the decorations. I must have missed the craze of covering bottle tops all those years ago and was not aware of it until I received my gift. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the robin, he looks so fluffy :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, love all your makes & glad you showed more than one & can't wait to see what else you've been up to on the next few Fridays. Take care, stay safe & huggles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Next Friday's post might only be one photo as I don't do much Christmas baking but..... you take care too.

      Delete
  7. So many lovely decorations! I love that you made your own pieces after seeing some inspiration. I've got so many bottle tops, maybe I'll have to get creative too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After I was gifted my bottle top Christmas tree, I saw on the internet a cow and other animals made from bottle tops but I can't find them now... must have another look one day as I've lots of bottle tops!

      Delete
  8. Lovely decorations ... handmade ones become real treasures don't they.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them all but have to say the handmade ones are extra special.

      Delete
  9. I love your Pom Pom Robin and all of the home made decorations ... they seem to becoming very popular again with lots more people having nd more time to have a go at crafting this year ... which can only be a good thing 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, let's hear it for crafting, any form of crafting.

      Delete
  10. I like the fluffy fat robin, he looks really cute :)

    ReplyDelete