Home

Friday 22 January 2021

22 January 2021 Photo Hunt - Moon

All of a sudden it's Friday again and once more I take up the challenge given by Hawthorn with the word Moon.  Click here to see the photo(s) from other participants.

A few weeks ago there was a beautiful full moon and the light shone through into our upstairs lounge; did I think to take a photo?  No.....  silly me.  So I've had to raid my archives and found these.

Spotted whilst up at our fields in November 2005.

My attempt to capture the eclipse of the moon at night
(March 2007).

The moon lighting up the Solway Firth (sent by my
sister in September 2014).

Thinking outside the box; well it looks like the moon's
surface .... (puff ball, August 2011).

A card I made for a friend; she likes
hares gazing at the moon
(November 2014),

I had better get my hat on and think about next Friday's words Own Choice.  I do have an idea but it depends on other people doing their job.....


Bye!



18 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures again. I love the moon reflection over the Solway Firth and your moon gazing hare is lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures. I think I like the first one best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the hare gazing at the moon, I think it's very sweet :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. So glad I took a photo of the card before I gifted it.

      Delete
  4. Love the one on the Solway Firth. I wonder what next week's will be? CN x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've no idea about my photo for next week. I do have an idea or two so watch this space.

      Delete
  5. Chuckle - the puff ball wins it! (a quick second is the hare card) Lovely photos :) looking forward to your choice next week😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the puff ball, could not resist including that. Next week? You will have to be patient....

      Delete
  6. I actually like the one of the moon shining on the water, which is something we don't see often, living now with no river, lakes or sea close by. Take care, stay safe & huggles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the moon shining on the water is good, thanks to my sister. Still trying to stay safe as well as warm and dry. It's snow as I write.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks. I've been admiring everyone else's moon pictures; so much better than mine.

      Delete
  8. The eclipse is clever. It's interesting how many different ways there are to portray the moon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the moon gazing hare ... I have a friend who’s surname is Hare and I made her a free motion embroidery appliquéd card in a very similar design ... she really liked it 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The card design is a fairly classic one but one that people seem to like. I need to be brave and try Free Motion quilting/embroidery....

      Delete
    2. I have to say that I didn’t think I’d be able to do it but it was lots easier than I thought it would be and the fact that it’s a bit ‘messy’ and not perfect kind of adds to the charm 😃

      Delete