Home

Friday 8 January 2021

8 January 2021 Photo Hunt - Gift(s)

We're off on the first Photo Hunt of 2021.  As usual I'm joining in with Hawthorn; click here to return to her blog to see who else is taking part.

Gift(s) - received

I was (and still am) delighted with the following gifts:

A thank you gift; all I did was order some yarn for her...

This came too.  Both will live on my tree.

Gift(s) - giving

I've offered to crochet a blanket for my brother-in-law and the yarn arrived before the start of 2021. I can recommend Wool Warehouse if you need yarn; they give excellent and prompt service.

Yarn waiting for me to spring into action.  It will be a 6 colour
ripple blanket from Attic24; click here to see the details
of the Woodland blanket I am using.

It's growing; 2½ repeats done; I think I'll do 13 repeats.

Gift(s) - from Mother Nature

We are lucky enough to own some fields close by and recently we've been thrilled to see a robin fly down to the gate as Beloved opens it, he then flies up alongside us as we drive up and then he flits around as we feed him and also the pheasants.

Here he is, waiting on the gate post.

Followed us up to the shed.

Looking at the wheat Beloved has thrown to him.

Posing for me!

This is just some of the many photos I've taken!

Thanks for taking the time to look and I hope you have plenty 'gift(s)' in your life too.

Bye!








14 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics of the robin, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we feel so lucky to have a visiting robin; makes going to the fields in the snow a pleasure.

      Delete
  2. I love your glass bird filled with beads. He is gorgeous. That crochet blanket is coming on nicely. Lovely masculine colours. As for your robin, how lucky to have one waiting and following you. He looks a real cheeky chappie. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a treat to have a visiting robin; he was there today in the horizontal show; he came within 6' of Beloved's feet to get his wheat. I wonder if he will eventually pluck up courage and eat out of Beloved's hand??? Something for us to look forward to each day. x

      Delete
  3. OOoh lovely glass robin (and real one too 🥰) I use the woolware house too - such a good selection and a really good price, thank you for joining in x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to join in as long as you keep tempting us with words. x

      Delete
  4. I like the wavy pattern and colours of the blanket but my favourite just has to be the robin, he looks so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely thank you gifts & DD & I also use The Wool Warehouse to order our acrylic yarns & have been pleased with their service & prices. Such a cute little robin & we must sometimes think along the same lines with our flora & fauna as great gifts. Take care, stay safe & warm and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Wool Warehouse are earning their keep these days; thank goodness for them. Take care too.

      Delete
  6. Love a Ripple. And the Robin the snow. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another vote for the robin, with the ripple coming second! Thanks.

      Delete
  7. I love your fused glass decoration gifts. The Robin is lovely too ... I can’t resist photographing a Robin when I get the chance ... they seem a lot braver than mist birds 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I've been taking more photos of the robin today; like you I can't resist.

      Delete