Home

Friday 29 January 2021

29 January 2021 - Own Choice

Another week, another Friday and it's time to join Hawthorn for the photo hunt.  Click here to return to her page.

Own choice....  after much thinking I decided to think of a suitable theme for Own Choice and I choose SMILE. So here are a few events since last Friday that have made me smile.


My first bunch of daffodil blooms!  My second hyacinth
this winter and my first attempt at keeping an orchid.
So really it's 3 big smiles for me.

Look who arrived at 9 am ish on Monday.
In August 2020 we ordered a new greenhouse, a big one,
about 8.5 x 16.5 feet.

Not all the boxes and glass are for us...

Other people's orders left behind.

All the small glass inside the shed.

All the big glass panes are leaning on the shed and under the blue
plastic are all the cardboard boxes containing the metal framework.
Fingers crossed the chap will be free by early March
at the latest to come and erect it.  

The old greenhouse (6 x 6 feet) was here when we moved in
almost 6 years ago.  It was beginning to show its age and
last year I came to the conclusion I'd have time to play 
in a bigger one!  So I went and spent my cash!

First we cleared the site and got a local builder to put down
the 20 x 20 foot base.  Gosh it was muddy work for them.
In the meantime I had to postpone delivery of the greenhouse
twice as workmen and glass panes might not be a good combination.
The new one will go somewhere on the new base but we've
yet to make the final decision.  The plan is to re-erect the
old, smaller one next to it...

I took this photo of the greenhouse we bought at the garden
centre.  Ours is slightly longer....  So I await a phone call
from a chap, who is very busy erecting other people's
greenhouses at the moment.

Finally, I had to include a photo of Bob.  We go to our fields every day to feed the pheasants and Bob.  Sometimes we see 2 Bobs there.

As Beloved opens the gate, Bob often flies down to the gate post and then flies up along the hedge 
as we drive up to the shed.  Bob likes his wheat.

So, with a big grin on my face, I'll keep returning to Hawthorn's page to see who else has posted photos that make me smile.

Bye!










14 comments:

  1. Ooh, what a gorgeous glass house you are going to have. Look forward to seeing it up and growing all sorts. Seems I can't compete with daffs showing up on all the blogs this time. Bob is sure a stunning little fellow. Take care, stay safe & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan. One benefit of a larger greenhouse is giving me space to allow very wet washing to drip!

      Delete
  2. I do so love the picture of Bob. We have a Robs, sometimes seeing him is just what we need to brighten a gloomy day. Love the glasshouse. You are going to have such fun playing nicely in there. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait for the greenhouse; I've not done much since we moved here because of Keighley but now that is gone, I hope to have time for greenhouse play time! Will keep you posted. x

      Delete
  3. I would have been jumping up and down with glee with the arrival of your new greenhouse ! Ooh bet you can't wait!
    Love Bob (or Bobs, depending how many visit you 🥰)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't physically jump up and down these days! Also not easy when I was helping carry glass... It will be grand once it is erected. Will let you know so you can sneak in and have a look. x

      Delete
  4. You have had a wonderful week, I hope the wait to get the glasshouse erected is too long. Your wee robin is so lovely especially in the snow but you lovely flowers prove spring isn't far away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was a good week. I'll buy some more flowers next week to keep me smiling. Who knows, we might have snow too which always brightens life!

      Delete
  5. I am more than a little envious of your greenhouse. We only have space for one of those tiny plastic ones but would love to have more greenhouse growing space. We have just started off leeks, tomatoes, chillies, peppers and cobea this morning and all are in mini propagators in the kitchen for now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what I'll be growing, strawberries certainly. It's having some outside but undercover space is what I'm looking to most of all. Time will tell!

      Delete
  6. Your new greenhouse sounds huge, and I love the robin, he looks so cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We too love going to see Bob; very important to us in lockdown. I am hoping the greenhouse will not look to big...

      Delete
  7. Your flowers are beautiful and your new greenhouse is going to be amazing!
    Lil Bob is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to think I'm another week nearer to getting the greenhouse erected. Can't wait.

      Delete