Home

Friday 17 September 2021

Photo Hunt 17 September 2021 - Fall

I had a momentary struggle with this word and then I had a few ideas.  In the end I had to stop gathering photos as there were so many possibilities for this word.  So here goes!

Nearly 3 years ago I was walking away from the shed and
suddenly found myself flat on my back looking at the 
sky.  The word HERE is where I slipped and had a fall; 
this photo was taken a few months ago for another reason.

Yes, this is me.  I am right handed too so I had to adapt quickly.
Sadly I could not manage to crochet or quilt but I made a do
as they say round here.  Plaster on for about 6 weeks.
Even now my wrist is not back to how it was but I 
can crochet and quilt and have fun!

Same area but I've just put down so paving flags that were
redundant so at least I don't have to walk in the mud any
more!  They are not bedded on cement, just laid on 
the surface.  One day we will decide what to do with
the area at the back of the house.....

It was 'feared' that our porch would fall down.

Our builder came and the cause of the problem was
identified; an iron drain cover inside the porch
rusting away had started to dislodge some of
the porch.  Thankfully the whole porch
did not have to come down!  All that
needed removing is shown above.

Later that same day, the rebuilding work started.

The following day it was all done.  A new drain cover
(PLASTIC) has been sourced and installed.

Shaggy Inkcap - a definite sign of autumn
(fall) in the UK.

More fall fungi.

Taken last year but I'll soon be raking leaves up and
adding them to the above leaf pile which is now only
about a tenth of the height.  Love the golden leaves.

Massive rose hips, Rosa rogusa I think.

A definite fall activity in our household, 
picking blackberries; we get a bit OCD about this!

Cooked blackberries being strained to provide juice which 
 I make into jelly for my Beloved.  A simple process but
there is a lot of work involved.

It is very precious so I can only gift a small jar.

Striking fall colour of the Virginea Creeper
which is no longer in the garden as it had to
make way for the new greenhouse!

Ants enjoying a fall feast on some of the pears
which are still on the tree!  One year I noticed
a female pheasant in the pear tree pecking
at the pears.

They are red ants with a nasty nip!

I've noticed the Rowan trees are full of berries.

Sadly I could not get the right photo to convey the
colour and quantity of berries.

Even the close-up lacks colour!

Finally a pumpkin I carved
any years ago!

Well thanks once more Astrid.  As usual, click here to return to her page to see who else has joined it.

Bye!









8 comments:

  1. Oh I just love your blackberry straining arrangement … what a brilliant idea. We rig up all kinds of precarious paraphernalia. I’m definitely using your method next time 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to copy it. I do admit to squeezing the bags as every drop of juice is precious. We are still picking berries and they are going into the freezer. Take care.

      Delete
  2. Love all your autumn fruits - the Rowans seem to have more berries this year. Your first picture of your porch with the curved roof make me think of a Gingerbread House and Hansel and Gretel. Your blackberry jelly looks good. Bet it is appreciated. I remember your red support when you broke your wrist. I always admired how you just got on with life - I would have been more of a wimp!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too thought the rowans, hawthorns etc had loads more berries than last year. Oh yes, Beloved likes the blackberry jelly and it's all for him, spoilt person! No time to be a wimp in our household or am I just awkward, refusing to give in? x

      Delete
  3. A lovely varied interpretation of 'Fall' :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much variety in fall, but I don't like the one where you actually fell!
    I'm glad they fixed your porch so quickly, that would have been a very bad fall.
    The Rowan trees are very colourful and I think the berries look lovely and red.
    We're still waiting on more colours here, the leaves are starting to fall but not really changing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose by now your trees are very colourful. Here the leaves are falling so time to start sweeping them up!

      Delete