Home

Friday 24 September 2021

Photo Hunt 24 September 2021 - Ball

And it's Friday again!  No idea where the past few days have gone and I'm writing this 'just in time'!!

Initially I thought this would be a hard word for me as I do play any sports, have no children nor pets.  So on with my thinking cap and this is what I came up with.

Take on Christmas ball (ie bauble) and crochet a jacket for 
it, in 2 pieces.

Insert ball and sew halves together.

Voila!

Hang on the tree and make
some more!

Nearby (quarter of a mile away?) is our local nature reserve, Ball Grove Park.  I often walk there.

Incoming!

Nearly fell over this heron.

Mist of the water thundering over the rocks.

Earlier this year ducklings!

Snuggling under mum.

Perhaps it's warm enough.

There are lots of other birds there apart from Mallard ducks.

I like to feed the ducks......  and goose!
I always have a ball when I walk there.

Used an old tennis ball to make the top of the metal stake
a bit easier on my hand as I use it to pull myself up
the slope (dodgy knee!).

A ball bearing.....

Box to prove it is a bearing!

A ball valve.....

Open position, the ball is moved so the fluid can
pass through the valve.

Closed position; the ball stops any fluid passing through.

The benefits (??!!) of being married to an engineer....

Right, that's all from me this week.  I did have other ideas for Ball but ran out of time to take the photos.  I walked past someone's garden then week and I could see a well chewed football there but I was polite and did not take a photo!

This is the last word for September from Astrid.  Click here to return to her page.  I wonder what delightful words she'll give us for October.

Bye!








8 comments:

  1. I love your crochet Christmas ball cover. It is so interesting seeing how everyone puts a totally different interpretation on the words … my husband too is an engineer so we probably have plenty of strange paraphernalia lurking in the shed that may have fit the bill 😃

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree! I can't believe I forgot to include a picture of a ball of yarn. I do have rather a lot and I'm off to Yarndale tomorrow so I might be coming home with more....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yarndale, seems an age since I visited with Kate. I love your crocheted Christmas bauble. Clever to use Ball Park, especially as you spend so much time there. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jak. It's nice and sunny outside so I might go and see if Beloved fancies a walk!

      Delete
  4. I am on catch up - not fancying a walk to Ballgrove today - it is a little wet! if it clears up later, I might persuade Youngest and Moss but then - I might just end up baking instead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! The sun seems to be out now so I think I might venture (with a reluctant Beloved) down to Ball Grove. If I stay in I might have to do more housework and I think I've done enough today! x

      Delete
  5. I almost missed this one! I love the Christmas ball you made, very original!
    What a lovely place you are able to walk around, especially with all the feathered friends.
    Those engineer husbands do have all the gadgets, don't they?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes engineer husbands like their toys! They also like everything to be built to last 1,000 years....

      Delete