Home

Friday 3 September 2021

Photo Hunt 2 September 2021 - School

Well this will be short and sweet as I've no photos of me at school.  Even if I had, I'd not share them as I've never liked having my photo taken!  I also don't have any children so have no photos of their school events or related school topics.

To me School means learning.  You could be one who imparts information or on the receiving end of new information.  I like learning, be it quilting skills or laying a road up at our fields!  Even adapting one's behaviour to a situation is learning.

At home (we moved to our current home in March 2015) we've always had pheasants visit the garden.  They have 'learnt' to come to the kitchen patio doors for wheat.  So in a way I have learnt to go and feed them.  Sometimes when I'm in the garden a current female will let me know she is there so I have to stop what I am doing so I can go and give her some wheat.  That was the same when ducks came to visit us.

A few months ago she turned up with a couple of little ones but now there is only one.  At first the little one would rush off into the vegetation if there was movement by the kitchen door or if it opened.  Gradually it learnt to follow mum's reaction to my presence in the kitchen.  Mum runs to the kitchen door when I am spotted there and now the little one copies her.  It's hilarious to see.  Click here to see a short video of this.

Outside the kitchen window is a wooden storage unit.  Look what happens if I am tardy getting the wheat out!

Mrs P (aka Mum) jumps up on to it and stares
at me through the window!

Here she is; I took just these 2 photos as I did
not want to keep her waiting and asked 
Beloved to feed her and the little one.

She has even taking to flying up to the veranda to
stare at me while I have my coffee.....

I apologise for such a short post but I was struggling with this one!  It will be interesting to see how you have interpreted this word!  Thanks Astrid.  Click here to return to her link up page.

Bye!



8 comments:

  1. I do love your Mrs P. Have you noticed how we feel we have trained the birds, in this case your Mrs P, but in reality they have trained us to respond. We have a Mrs Blackbird who tells B that she needs feeding, or the birdbath needs changing. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, in my advancing years I can still be schooled! It's such a pleasure to feed her and for B to tend to Mrs Blackbird. x

      Delete
  2. Cat's trained us............ sigh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Birds can be so friendly and our magpies come quite often and walk all around the verandah (leaving messages as well) to be fed too. Glad you came up with an interesting outside the box version. I wanted a "school" of fish photo, but didn't have any and we can't go anywhere, so it was back to my archives. Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Archives are great. I never feel it is wrong to use them. They do bring back memories. You take care too.

      Delete
  4. I love this, who's schooling who?! Such a cute little video and photos, what a smart momma taking care of her baby! And she has taught you well.
    Thanks for joining in, hope to see you this weekend for pizza!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to recall I was a good pupil/student. Did my work and was not cheeky! I've got my pizza ready for this weekend too! Ha ha.

      Delete