Home

Friday 16 July 2021

16 July 2021 Photo Hunt - Picnic

Another word that I had a slight struggle with as we don't have 'traditional' picnics.  I have distant memories of picnics as a child.  So what do we do that I can class as a 'picnic'?

Take a sandwich, drink and crisps with us on a drive out
and enjoy the food from the comfort of our car!
My lunch.

Beloved's lunch.  I can't eat all my sandwich and he
is happy to accept a donation!

On that day we were entertained by vintage Jaguar cars
driving past. There were about 20, one of which
happened to be a Jensen Interceptor.

After lunch we drove to The Coldstones Cut and walked up.

Another popular destination is Ribblehead Viaduct.  We park on a road looking down onto the viaduct.  En route we generally stop at Season's Bakery and buy some goodies and a brew.

His cake, mostly eaten in the car.

My cake; I kept some for coffee the next day.

This is the view from where we park.  It's just had very expensive maintenance work
carried out on it and all the scaffolding has finally been removed.

Just as we were to leave, a train went past.  Perfect.

A modern picnic, in GCHQ at home.

I look forward to seeing your picnics and I feel sure some pictures will be traditional ones, perhaps with a picnic hamper and champers???  Thanks to Astrid again and click here to return to her link page.

Bye!




7 comments:

  1. What a fabulous view of the viaduct. We love an in car picnic too 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We never tire of this view. It's about an hour's drive from here but the scenery on the way is lovely and it changes with the seasons so there is always something of interest to see.

      Delete
  2. We too nearly always have a 'carnic' as Kate calls it. Seating more comfortable!! Love your pictures of the viaduct, especially with the train crossing over it. GCHQ picnic looks good - love the vase of 'flowers'. We also use our much smaller glass house when it is too windy to sit outside. Hope it's warm enough for you!!! I'm melting x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit that I am finding it a bit on the warm side; having hot flushes does not help! Did you recognise the leg in GCHQ?

      Delete
  3. Oh no, I almost missed this one!
    Car picnics work too, certainly less bugs! You sweet treats look delicious, I don't know if I could have saved some for the next day.
    Great photo with the train, perfect timing.

    ReplyDelete