Home

Friday 2 July 2021

2 July 2021 Photo Hunt - Sparkle

Another hard word for me but then I had a few ideas!

A broach I made with yarn that already had sparkly beads on it.

I decided to make a Mosaic shawl for myself but every bead
had to be feed onto the yarn just when it was needed
as I thought this would be easier than threading them all on
at the start.  I used a split needle as the hole in the bead
was tiny!

Bead on.

Bead incorporated into the crochet work.

Hopefully you can see the beads!

Finished shawl.  

Finally a female duck with some of her 8 little ones in the river at the bottom of our
garden.  Hope you can see the sparkly water as the ducklings move vigorously.

Thanks again to Astrid.  Click here to return to her link post to see who else has joined in.

Bye!




 

6 comments:

  1. I love your brooch and your shawl is so delicate, can’t beat the sparkle of the sun on water though 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was fine yarn too! I'm not sure if I still have the brooch but I was not one for wearing 'jewellery' much. I agree, sparkly water is lovely.

      Delete
  2. I remember you making that shawl and I was and still am full of admiration at your patience threading on all those fiddly beads though the end result was amazing. The water sparkle is always a special kind of sparkle - can't beat nature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How boring our lives would be without nature's input. I made the shawl in October 2017 and yes getting those beads on was a big job but I did it! x

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful brooch and your shawl looks fantastic with sparkles here and there!
    I love seeing the little ducklings in the water.

    ReplyDelete